ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: 2024 four-star LB sets official visit| 4-star OL added to ChampU BBQ weekend?

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
*** We told you all a few weeks ago that 2024 four-star OB Tyanthony Smith would be taking a weird dated official visit if he chose to OV the Sooners this June because of a family vacation they had lined up. With that in mind, sources told OUinsider that a potential June 19-21st OV is being set with the four-star LB. Smith has confirmed that OV this morning.

I also spoke to our guy Cole Patterson since he just talked with Smith and he told me, “Tyanthony actually told me last night he will be taking it midweek[official visit] next week (to Oklahoma) because he’s going on a cruise after the UT trip.”

I know the staff is all headed out to get some time with family prior to pre-fall camp meetings and the final stretch of recruiting in late July when they will have ‘25 and ‘26 targets at their “Sooners under the Stars” event on July 26th and Party in the Palace weekend starting July 28-30th. All before fall camp kicks off in early August.

So, I’m told that most of the staff will be headed out June 22nd as of now and continue recruiting and working on things after hosting 40+ targets on OV’s from June 9th to June 22nd.

*** Add another 2024 four-star OL to the HUGE visit list for the ChampU BBQ weekend, with Richland Hills (TX) Richland HS OL Daniel Cruz in town for his OV with the Sooners.

Oklahoma seems to be in a battle with Texas and Texas A&M. Between the two, it’s the Horns that feel the one to beat right now, with Coach Flood and UT getting Cruz’ final visit in June.

That means — and I’m stating the obvious — this weekend’s visit is huge for the Sooners’ chances with the four-star OL.

We will be watching it closely and hope to have lots of updates as we move forward Sunday through the next week.

Stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News