ADVERTISEMENT

Do we ride with Dillon?

If Gabriel is cleared to play, he will start. The question is if he gets knocked around again who will Brent go with? You would hope that he feels that he has given Beville ample opportunity and let one of the other two try their hand. I’d like to see what Booty can do if he’s given the playbook. That mop up appearance
wasn’t anything to make a judgment. Brent needs to make the decision not Jeff Lebby.

I don't like to knock these kids, I just haven't seen anything from Dillon and especially Beville that impressed me in the least. Is OUr online that bad?

Not sure where the Sooners go this game Saturday. Guess run often and expect the OL to get their act together. Quit the damned jet sweeps and bubble passes. Two yards at best and easily defended and predictable. Oh and please remember Marvin Mims is out there as a WR.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Or throw one of the two Evers or Booty into this flaming fire?

Evers potentially, but not Booty. I don't know why so many OU fans are infatuated with this guy (other than his name), but he is no more of a viable Power Five QB than Beville. His only two offers from FBS schools were OU and New Mexico, and the other six offers were from FCS programs (Austin Peay, Illinois State, Indiana State, McNeese State, Nicholls State and Northwestern State).

This guy should never see the field unless it's in victory formation, taking a knee.

Evers potentially, but not Booty. I don't know why so many OU fans are infatuated with this guy (other than his name), but he is no more of a viable Power Five QB than Beville. His only two offers from FBS schools were OU and New Mexico, and the other six offers were from FCS programs (Austin Peay, Illinois State, Indiana State, McNeese State, Nicholls State and Northwestern State).

This guy should never see the field unless it's in victory formation, taking a knee.
I think you might be too quick to dismiss Booty based solely on how many offers he had out of HS. We all know some players improve greatly once in college and that recruiting is not an exact science. Many highly recruited players never coming close to meeting expectations. My guess, without seeing him, is that he is better than Beville based on his recent performances at the junior college level

Booty can play, the reason for the lack of scholarship offers is due to him moving every year of his high school career. Four different schools in four years is hard to get your name out there. He threw for 27 TD's his senior year at Allen high school. At 6'3 over 200lbs, he's got the tools, and he has to be better than Beville. Evers can also play, may not have the arm strength that Booty has, but is probably the better runner. Noone is talking about Bowens dude has been on campus for two years now, guess he was overhyped coming out of high school as a top 10 dual threat QB.

Booty just might be the better of the two, you sure about yer assessment?

Booty can play, the reason for the lack of scholarship offers is due to him moving every year of his high school career. Four different schools in four years is hard to get your name out there. He threw for 27 TD's his senior year at Allen high school.

Here's a guy who threw 88 TD passes at Greenville HS in Greenville, SC. with an excellent 115.7 QB rating for his high school career. For some reason, he only got three offers from Power Five programs (Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Northwestern). Greenville High is a perennial 4-A powerhouse in South Carolina and has produced a good number of Clemson signees.

Last edited:
Yeah, and just because somebody threw 27 TD passes against high school competition, that doesn't really mean much. There are hundreds of those type guys out there.
I believe he led the nation in Juco QB stats last year. He has the pedigree. OU was in a serious bind in the QB room when Booty was signed. As I understand, Booty came with some pretty high recommendations. The fact is that you, me and everyone else on this board have no idea how he will play until he is given the shot to succeed or fail.

Reactions: coeSooner81
Here's a guy who threw 88 TD passes at Greenville HS in Greenville, SC. with an excellent 115.7 QB rating for his high school career. For some reason, he only got three offers from Power Five programs (Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Northwestern). Greenville High is a perennial 4-A powerhouse in South Carolina and has produced a good number of Clemson signees.

I think he might want to consider basketball

Dillon no doubt, but if he gets hurt again there is no way Beville should see the field.
It's a certainty that Dillon will get hurt again. Even when he was fresh, I was asking if Dillon was the best we had. For me, it was and still is obvious. He's good, but not nearly good enough. Average at best. Roll the dice and commit to playing Booty. Is he going to lose worse? I doubt it.

Last edited:
It's a certainty that Dillon will get hurt again. Even when he was fresh, I was asking if Dillon was the best we had. For me, it was and still is obvious. He's good, but not nearly good enough. Average at best. Roll the dice and commit to playing Booty. Is he going to lose worse? I doubt it.

An “average” quarterback wouldn’t currently be ranked 15th nationally in passing efficiency, with an 11 to 0 touchdown to interception ratio.

Reactions: iasooner2000
If Gabriel is cleared to play, he will start. The question is if he gets knocked around again who will Brent go with? You would hope that he feels that he has given Beville ample opportunity and let one of the other two try their hand. I’d like to see what Booty can do if he’s given the playbook. That mop up appearance
wasn’t anything to make a judgment. Brent needs to make the decision not Jeff Lebby.
There is a report elsewhere, that General Booty was prepared to play significant reps against Texas, but suffered some kind of pregame health issue that prevented him from playing. No other details were given. The staff is not going to say anything negative about any specific player. But the staff isn't so blind that they don't see how horrible Davis has been.

I'm guessing that we don't see him again.

Reactions: Oklabama
He played great against cup cake State, but has he ever won a game in the Big 12?

He put up good numbers against Kansas State. Gabriel is easily talented enough to win games if OU had an average, or even slightly below average defense this year. In case you haven't noticed, OU is currently ranked 117th nationally in total defense, having given up an astronomical 145 points and 1762 total yards in the last three games.

Therein lies the problem. Saying that Gabriel is responsible for OU's failure this year is like saying the flooding from Hurricane Katrina was caused by a leaky faucet in Baton Rouge.

He put up good numbers against Kansas State. Gabriel is easily talented enough to win games if OU had an average, or even slightly below average defense this year. In case you haven't noticed, OU is currently ranked 117th nationally in total defense, having given up an astronomical 145 points and 1762 total yards in the last three games.

Therein lies the problem. Saying that Gabriel is responsible for OU's failure this year is like saying the flooding from Hurricane Katrina was caused by a leaky faucet in Baton Rouge.
I don't think anyone is blaming Dillon my man and yes OUr defense is terrible. Imo, we need some spark at qb. Some spark could pick up the defense imo. Lotta season left and I don't think I can stomach another Beville outing. I say throw them youngins into the fire, might stoke OUr coaches. Great things could happen. I ain't betting the farm but, 😁

Therein lies the problem. Saying that Gabriel is responsible for OU's failure this year is like saying the flooding from Hurricane Katrina was caused by a leaky faucet in Baton Rouge

Listen LV, your missing the point. I know what Dillon has done and I know about all the woes of OU football. Not blaming Gabriel for any of the team struggles. All I am saying is that I don't like Dillon Gabriel as OUs starting QB. That's it. Sorry LV, I just don't like the guy.

I don't think anyone is blaming Dillon my man and yes OUr defense is terrible. Imo, we need some spark at qb. Some spark could pick up the defense imo.

Woody, behind Gabriel, the offense put up 52 points and 701 total yards today. Do you still think Booty or Evers should have started to spark the defense? Maybe they would have shut down Kansas if Gabriel was benched.

Reactions: Oklabama
Woody, behind Gabriel, the offense put up 52 points and 701 total yards today. Do you still think Booty or Evers should have started to spark the defense? Maybe they would have shut down Kansas if Gabriel was benched.
Just looking towards the future brother. Dillon played a hell of a game today. As you witnessed today, the running game is a must though. Michigan proved it today against Penn St. Today was a good day my man. I really enjoyed what I saw today with OUr offensive play calling. OUr defense needs some work as you'll surely agree. Brent will develope OUr defense I believe and lo and behold, SOONER MAGIC will be back. 👍

Just looking towards the future brother. Dillon played a hell of a game today. As you witnessed today, the running game is a must though. Michigan proved it today against Penn St. Today was a good day my man. I really enjoyed what I saw today with OUr offensive play calling. OUr defense needs some work as you'll surely agree. Brent will develope OUr defense I believe and lo and behold, SOONER MAGIC will be back. 👍

The running game is ineffective without a legitimate quarterback in there (as was evidenced last week).

Right now, the defense isn't as good as Grinch's were, and you could even make a case that it's not any better that the last few defenses of the Mike Stoops era.

The running game is ineffective without a legitimate quarterback in there (as was evidenced last week).

Right now, the defense isn't as good as Grinch's were, and you could even make a case that it's not any better that the last few defenses of the Mike Stoops era.
Do you expect the defense to stay the same? We're only 7 games into the Brent era. C'mon man I know it's Kansas, but they've been playing lights out this season. Give Brent and OUr boys some credit. This ship will be righted.

I have all the faith in the world that BV will develop the front 7. Linebackers is his specialty, and Bates is a great DL coach. Its the secondary that needs help. You can have the best play called but if the guys cant execute it then it doesnt matter. BV will need to take a long hard look at those coaches. The guys on the back end just dont seem to be improving, still had WR/TE wide open today.

I have all the faith in the world that BV will develop the front 7. Linebackers is his specialty, and Bates is a great DL coach. Its the secondary that needs help. You can have the best play called but if the guys cant execute it then it doesnt matter. BV will need to take a long hard look at those coaches. The guys on the back end just dont seem to be improving, still had WR/TE wide open today.
Give it time my man. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT