ADVERTISEMENT

Cold miserable day in Lawrence

bigdfrmok

OU scholarship offer
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2007
I went to Lawrence and watched us piss down our leg. Gabriel maybe threw 4 balls the entire game downfield. The offense has lost all confidence. The Defense did not create any pressure by design. They scraped all game long against the pass or rush. We played the entire game not to lose on both sides of the ball. It was extremely conservative and we played a team that truly attacked the entire game. We attacked and were aggressive at the beginning of the season but have lost ourselves. Granted we have and had some key injuries during the game and before this game. Venable has talked about next man up but you have to trust your players and play every game like a Super Bowl. I truly believe that Texas was our Super Bowl for some people and it shows. Gabriel has become a shell of himself and is extremely conservative. It was a tough day, we got bloodied in the game and I seen some OU fan get bloodied in the nose after the game. He was drunk and acting like an idiot, well deserved. Other than some drunk college kids, the fans were class act and we didn't have no issue. We were out coached and did not want it as much as them. The family and I sit through four hours of miserable weather for this team who did not show up to win. I am disappointed in our team but would show up again tomorrow. I spoke with Blake Smiths dad during the rain delay and he stated that the middle of the field is wide open but we don't use it. I told him bad scheme and maybe our 5'10" QB can't see it. Which it sure looked like it during the game. I also told him that a QB at his stature probably has small hands and this climate sure wouldn't help with the grip of the ball. What do I know though, I've only been a die hard fan for the last 30 years and have seen the good, bad and ugly. This was a ugly game but have seen worst teams and seasons. Last thought, Lebby does not adjust and is too immature to lead a Top Tier program like OU. I just hope that Venables will put the business side of OU first instead of the personal loyalty first. This has killed some great coaches. I do believe in Venables and know that he will build the right culture. He needs to surround himself around smarter people than him, all great Leaders do. Lebby and Roof are not smarter than him, which is a problem, let's see what he does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News