ADVERTISEMENT

Chip brown from Horns247 saying OU holding the schedule up

IndianSooner4

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2021
Chip browns words:

How about this gangsta move by Oklahoma in the Sooners’ attempt to help expedite the move of Texas and OU to the SEC in 2024 -

I was told this week by a high-level source that the release of the Big 12’s upcoming (2023) football schedule, which the league released last year on Dec. 1, has been held up for six weeks because Oklahoma is pushing hard for an exit deal for UT and OU to be agreed upon before the schedule comes out.

I wrote about some of the snags in those exit deal negotiations in last week’s edition of The Insider.

There’s also a strong desire being expressed by Texas and Oklahoma to have their 2023 conference games played only against the current members of the Big 12 - i.e. not against incoming members BYU, Cincinnati, Central Florida and Houston.

“The future history of the Big 12 will be between the new members and the remaining schools - not between the new members and Texas and Oklahoma,” said a source close to the situation. “It doesn’t make any sense to have (Texas and OU) play the new members.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News