Sooner starter
Oct 29, 2009
Houston, TX
Category​
Questions​
User​
Answer​
General​
Who would win in a fight (college versions of the participants)
A) Perrion Winfrey
B) Dusty Devorachek
C) Tommy Harris
D) Lane Johnson
E) Your choice​
I'd have to go with D, I Think Winfrey is game but he's giving up a LOT of size and country strong is scarier than most know.​
General​
With so much board talk of basketball, golf, softball lately, do y’all consider expanding the site? Maybe another employee covering more sports? Or do y’all plan to try and keep it pretty football focused? How much say does rivals have in this kind of decision?​
Rivals has never tried to manage us in that way. They've watched us grow and grow, they seem pleased.

We'd love to keep hiring staff and to cover some of the "small" sports. We've actually done so before with mixed results. But with softball we may have to find a way to do so, new staff or not.​
General​
What do you think the next evolution of offensive football will be? Do you think we end up coming back around to power run I formation concepts or does it just get more spread out and fast paced from here?​
I'm a believer in things always returning to balance. As defenses get smaller and faster, what's the easiest answer? To get your offense bigger and take advantage of that size discrepancy.

Now, do I REALLY expect the power I to return? I once did but I don't really see that becoming a pervasive thing just more and more run heavy concepts.

What's funny? As much as Lincoln Riley is shown as a brilliant mind in today's CFB I think he's already a big part of the balance I'm talking about.​
General​
Texas has put out a ton of 4-5 star o-linemen for 20 & 21. Why isn’t Bedenbaugh able to get these guys? You’ve mentioned he wants hard guys. I see Saban the same way but Bama, Georgia and Clemson get the elite guys every year.​
I think you all know those schools don't necessarily recruit in the same manner as Oklahoma does, particularly Bama and Georgia.

And forgets that in the last three classes those two programs have signed in-state players 10 times (7, UGA and 3, Bama).

In Georgia's case that would be like OU signing 70% of their three classes of OL from Oklahoma.

As for the other two in your comp....over the last three classes (2019-2021), here is their average star rating on the OL.

OU: 38/10 = 3.8
Clemson: 49/13 = 3.77​
General​
NIL changes happen next month. Clearly LSU, bama, and uga will find every loophole. Will ou?​
Well, do you mean 'loophole' or just '0 Fs given'? OU will do all they can to maximize the situation as the more they can do, the more appealing they are. They are also a young staff that sees that this is the way CFB is moving.​
General​
With OU being the favorite to win the BigXII again, what would you say is (are) the main reason(s) the Sooners don’t win Conference or National Championship?​
Good question, I think the cohesion on the offensive line and the defensive sides ability to create pressure off the edge are going to be two key questions.

I know people take the second one as foregone but I think there is need for depth/consistency there and it's going to be a big part of a defense that has a chance to take a big step forward in 2021 and is going to have to carry more water than any other time in recent years.​
General​
Who is the two best football teams to follow in the Tulsa area over the next few years?​
I assume you mean HS and mean from an overall talent standpoint...

I'll say Bixby and Union - both rosters have some really promising upper and lower classmen.​
General​
Do you think the OU staff looks the same in 12 months? If not who’s going and why?​
Nah, i'm guessing you see Grinch and Manning head up for promotions in their titles. What I do wonder is if Grinch might take someone from offense - perhaps Gundy? - with him?​
General​
Close your eyes and dream on this one ... How would a young Barry Switzer - given what we know about his personality traits, attitude, bravado, etc., - have fit into today’s NCAA football world, in terms of things like recruiting (with an AD like Joe C and our compliance department), the SEC’s success, national attention and arrogance, etc.?
Obviously he wouldn’t be trying to run the wishbone (I hope), but all things considered, if young Switzer were in the game now, would he have been more, less or equally as successful in this football age?​
NixaSooner​
At OU? He'd struggle more, some of Barry's best qualities (let's be honest, he was great at finding ways around rules) would be hamstrung. Make no mistake he'd be VERY successful but being where he was under this administration? Not likely.

Now you put him at current Alabama? He'd have been perhaps an even greater monster.

But he'd have been a dynamite recruiter still, people with personalities that dynamic are rare.​
General​
Will this be done by next Monday?​
Don't try and pin me down with your rules!​
General​
If Grinch were to go does Odom step right in or does Joe C. shop around? If the latter, who would be our top candidates?​
I think Odom would be right near the top of the list as I assume Manning might follow Grinch and be his DC at his future locale.​
General​
Assuming Caleb Williams wins the starting job in 2022, what would he have to do to compete with Quinn Ewers gorgeous mane? I mean, have you seen that thing?​
He's got to let it go Jayden Rowe, that is an untrumpable play.​
General​
f you had to pick which one of these 3 to have on your team, which one do you want? Obo, Striker or Bonitto?​
*Obo was the most consistently impactful and though he's not quite the projectable guy as Bonitto I haven't seen Bonitto consistently go to that level.​
General​
Top 5 biggest flash in the pan guys for OU... meaning guys that flashed as freshman for OU that you thought would be great and then just faded away​
Oh that's fun...

Stanvon Taylor
Marcus Walker - he had a solid career but never wsa the guy I thought he might be as a freshman.
Ben Habern - not really his fault though with injuries.
Ronnell Lewis
Adam Shead - MAN did I think he wsa going to be something special.​
General​
With conference payouts being announced recently I wondered what ou does with its income? You have seen the sec and pac invest that money into softball/baseball facilities and upgrades for football but ou hasnt done anything to those fields in years and football took forever to get going and even then they scaled back significantly​
BobStoopsBrokenPinky​
I can't help but wonder if slowly but surely money is being allocated toward both of those sports getting the upgrades they need/deserve. I mean softball...at some point Gasso has got to say 'me vs. facilities...you choose'.

That doesn't seem to be how she operates but no idea how she wouldn't be frustrated by it.​
General​
Obo was not more impactful than Striker.​
At their best? He was.

Striker made more big plays over his career but also was responsible for more problems than Obo ever was.

And that's not a dig on Striker, guy was a 200 pound (maybe) OLB, it's just physics.​
General​
TLDR: Our offense in 2017 and 2018 was by many metrics, some of the best / most efficient of all time. Do we ever get back there again? And have other teams already caught up, ie 2019 LSU 2020 Alabama? ///////

Have we taken the 2017 and 2018 offenses for granted? At the time, they completely smashed lots of records. I think mayfield had the highest QBR ever, until Murray broke that the next year. Our running game was also insane, I think our yards per play was also the highest average of all time those 2 years.

I guess my question is kinda 2-fold; will we ever reach that level again, and even if we do, has the rest of cfb already caught up? I mean 2019 LSU was incredible, same with Alabama last year. I think Joe Burrow broke the QBR record in 2019, and then Mac Jones smashed it again this year and competed like 78% of his passes?

and maybe another way to think about it, if we used our 2017 offense for this season, would they be as effective as it was in 2017, or do you think over the past 4 years, defenses have caught on a little bit more?​
That 2017 offense would score a BOATLOAD of points at any point between now and 2030. They were just loaded with high end talents and had a great college trigger man.

As far as reaching that level again, it's possible but I don't think it will be this year. That OL has to find it's way back into things, it's become something that OU is overocming the last two years (2020, I can excuse) rather than a foundation of the offense.​
General​
How good would these programs be today; assuming the starting year is 2017, they get whoever they want in-state, and the current OU staff is their staff.

-Arizona
-Virginia
-Rutgers
-Miss St​
Interesting question...

I'd say Arizona is a top 12 team, very solid, win a lot of games, going to compete for NCs from time to time.

Virginia, top 10 team, that to me has always felt like a sleeping giant with a LOT more in-state talent than people recognize.

Rutgers, consistent top 12 team, still have to build the infrastructure to go beyond that.

Miss. State, top 15 team, I think Mississippi has GREAT talent but it has a real problem qualifying and staying locked in - those guys tend to float around a lot.​
Personal​
How was your vacation?​
It was great, we went up to Jackson Hole (my second time) and man that's just amont my favorite places on Earth. So relaxing.

Did Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone as well as Snow King there in Jackson itself. Just a ton of fun with the family.​
Personal​
*bonus* best food in Cypress tx?​
*Boy that's SO far from my area I couldn't really answer with anything meaningful.​
Personal​
If Kip Lewis becomes the next all American linebacker for OU, does Tiffany get promoted to soonerscoop lead scout?​
She is under the impression she already is. But I've said it before, she has a good eye for athleticism and landing me is clearly a HELL of a recruiter. So...maybe a spot on the coaching staff?​
Personal​
How often does the Mrs attend games with you while you’re getting content? That has to be difficult with the kids...is this a Friday date night scenario? Some Papasittos and some high school football?​
Hahaha, the only time I can remember her going to a game was when Lanie was about 3 and wanted to come to a game with me so she and Tiffany came, Lanie got on the sideline with me and had a lot of fun taking pictures with her camera. I'll probably try and do that again this year with a local game so both girls can experience that a bit with me.

But no, it's never a date.​
Personal​
Are you starting Horvath over Steffen? Injury aside .​
I don't have a STRONG take on this but what I've seen, I'm rolling with Steffen...but I don't think either should feel settled in.​
Personal​
What do you think of the development of Donihoo at the plate ?​
I won't say I watch as much of regular season softball but the thing that sticks out to me is how confident she looks in the big spots. Sometimes you can see body language that looks timid...she shows none of that.​
Personal​
Would you rather see the USMNT win the World Cup or the Gunners win the EPL for a solid decade? (Both total fantasy, BTW)​
The World Cup.

I love Arsenal but seeing the U.S. win a World Cup is something I'll likely never see in my lifetime.​
Personal​
Who is the most famous or richest person you’ve ever interacted with?​
Hmmm, I'll assume you mean at the time I met them...

Otherwise Trent Williams would probably have to be that dude.

As is, probably Bob Stoops from a fame standpoint.

Through a buddy I met Aubrey McClendon YEARS ago at the Peake when Chesapeake was at it's absolute Zenith so I'd guess at the moment he'd be the guy.​
Personal​
Bonus: Would you rather have cheeto fingers for the rest of your life (meaning there is always cheeto crumbs on your fingers no matter what) or would you rather have a lord voldemort nose?​
Cheetos, I'd lick those things forever. My nose is already unsightly, it doesn't need help.​
Recruiting​
Assuming they’re both tackles here, but if given a choice between Cam Rob & Kam D which would you go with?​
You mean Cam Williams or Kam Dewberry? I'd take Dewberry, that's a high end athlete that has the nastiness in his game to make up for the fact he's a bit on the light side. Could see him becoming a first rounder. I ALWAYS worry about kids who fight weight like I think Williams will have to.​
Recruiting​
Bonus: Most important recruit for 2022 and 2023 (without the last name Nelson?​
I'll stick with the idea of Gentry, I just think you can't afford to let elite talent get out of state.​
Recruiting​
A&M chances for Dindy?​
Oh they are there, they have been for a while, I think this recent news (though it's been swirling for a while) is an issue but it's not as concerning as some may make it out to be.​
Recruiting​
Top 3 guys that are trending better for OU in the last few weeks and top 3 that are trending down... and give u short reason as to why on each​
Better:

Malachi Nelson - just feels the door is all but closed.
Cayden Green - I get the impression he and Bedenbaugh are in a good space.
Lebbeus Overton - OU seems to have found the right track.

Down:

Omari Abor - Seems Ohio State's lead is growing.
Gabe Dindy - I still like OU here but no denying his family being in B/CS helps A&M.
Devon Campbell - just keep hearing he's enamored with Texas.​
Recruiting​
Running back recruiting.. Barnes.. who's the next offer..?
I've said for a while that Jamarion Miller is my bet. Although C.J. Brown at Beggs shouldn't be ruled out.​
Recruiting​
Sounds like Derrick Brown is gone, your boy @Suchomel put in a forecast for him to the whorns. What say you?​
I need to talk to Suchomel about that but there is definitely some momentum for Texas.

That being said, just to speak in a bit of a generality, I think you're going to see a TON of this over this month. Guys who haven't been able to take visits or see anything meaningful in a year and a half are going to fall in love at every visit.​
Recruiting​
I would guess there has to be a few things happen with guys already holding offers, but would a time table look like for an offer go out to DeSean Brown?
I think you'd, AT BEST, see that in late summer. And make no mistake OU likes him a LOOOT but with guys like Abor, Dindy, Moore, etc. OU has some guys in that role that are similar that they have big hopes for.​
Recruiting​
How sold/excited would you say Raleek & Burden are to play with Caleb? Said another way - how much sway does that have with them in terms of sticking with OU? Hopefully they have some type of relationship already.​
I am sure they know of him and know he's a talented guy but I'd guess being around him will do a LOT to help OU's cause as neither, to my knowledge, has ever met him. He's got that engaging personality that I think two fun guys like Luther and Raleek will connect with.​
Recruiting​
*Bonus - Which non-OU commit 5 ⭐️ in the 22 class do we have the best chance of landing?​
*I'd say Devon Campbell at this point, I think Texas leads but OU has a definite shot.​
Recruiting​
What is the real story on Omari Abor?​
OU really wants him but, to me, he seems pretty enamored with Ohio State at the moment.​
Recruiting​
Looks like our every other year 5 ⭐️ QB routine is in good shape. If the worst case happened and Malachi couldn’t come to OU (I don’t believe this)… would we take a QB in the portal, go hard on Arch, or just take the best available who is interested?​
Best available, portal or otherwise. But I agree, OU is in great shape to keep their alternating routine in shape.​
Recruiting​
Anything new on DeSean Brown? Visit plans, etc? With dang near every DL/Rush target trending elsewhere, would have to assume he's a safe bet to be in the class at this point.​
Hmmm, I don't know about the latter part but yeah he's expected to camp at OU and then we'll see where that goes from there. I think OU is still a clear leader for Moore, is a contender for Abor, and is heavily involved with a lot of guys who are somewhat flexible in their position - notably Dindy.​
Recruiting​
OU has went ahead and offered one of your 2023 favorites in DL/OL Markis Deal. Who are two newer names that you think are on the verge of an OU offer?​
I wanted to go with Harrison Sewell but they beat me to that punch, such a nasty dude - ton of fun to watch.

As for a few other names… Jalen Thompson of Detroit Cass Tech - hasn't been great to OU but man guys with that length don't move and bend like that very often. Kaleb Cost, so active, good speed, love his decisive he is. Bai Jobe is the other one, he really impressed me in person. Guys with his length and frame and upfield burst...that's rare​
Recruiting​
Do you have any overall impression of how receptive 2023/2024 prospects are about the OU summer camps? Do you think the quality of talent at the elite camps will be high?​
Unanswered​
Recruiting​
Any updates on targets that visited elsewhere this weekend (Besides Burden)?​
The buzz is that Abor's visit to Ohio State went well but wasn't a deal ender or anything.

Sexton's visit to Alabama was eye opening for him but I've not heard anything to make me change my mind on where things are.

I'm still sifting through some other stuff.​
Recruiting​
I think OU walks away from the BBQ with verbals from Austin Jordan, Kaden Helms, Dave Luli, Myles Pollard. Do you think these guys are great fits for OU?​
I'm not as in love with Iuli as some but the rest I think are very good grabs for OU. Pollard in particular intrigues me.​
Recruiting​
Update on jaray Bledsoe and Devon Campbell’s recruitment and where OU stands with them?​
Sooner Johnny G​
Bledsoe - nothing really new with him, thinking he'll show up this month and if he does then I'm a true believer in what I'm hearing on OU.

Campbell - I still think there's a chance he visits for the BBQ but he has been awfully quiet as of late. Right now it's Texas to me but OU has a chance.​
Recruiting​
I get so lost on this, please help set me straight. So as I understand it... Any transfer coming in uses a scholarship for the upcoming recruiting class? Even if said transfer leaves after that year? Is that rule sticking in your opinion? Seems crazy to me that could actually stick as a rule leaving some programs left very very thin.​
Well, as I understand it, you can use the transfer just like you would a commitment - if they come in at midterm they can be assigned to the preceding or upcoming class (assuming the room is there in the preceding class).

But yes, with the way the portal is opening up they may have to rethink what schools are then beholden to.

Same is true of the graduation rates, schools can't be held accountable if a kid isn't on campus for 6 months.​
Recruiting​
How is Odom finding these guys? Some guys are no brainers but some of the guys he goes after and get are just from out of nowhere.​
He does a REALLY good job looking at tape. He's the only guy on staff I can say I've not seen an offer and thought 'nah, that's not the guy for me'.

It doesn't mean that I wasn't wrong about guys at other positions but the buttom line is I really like his eye and think he has a clear vision of what he is looking for.​
Recruiting​
Do you think OU will ultimately be a victim of all of the summer visits? Or will it be a non factor? I could see this playing out where some of the out of region guys become a much tougher battle than normal as they visit in June but never get back to campus whereas they can drive an hour to USC, UF, Bama, etc this fall on an unofficial.​
Oh I figure all of that stuff is cyclical, you're going to get bitten by some and some others will work out for you. I think it's net neutral.​
Recruiting​
Three bold but realistic ou recruiting related predictions as a result of june​
A) OU pulls a surprise in Florida.
B) Derrick Moore commits before the end of summer.
C) OU lands at least 2 4-star OL this summer.​
Recruiting​
Could you give a list of the top 10 or so targets on defense in the 23 class currently and where we stand w them? it seems like most of the attention is on the offense for that class right now.​
David Hicks - DE - OU has a good relationship but his move to Allen could be...interesting.
Lebbeus Overton - DE - His visit this summer will be massive for OU to have a real chance.
Jordan Renaud - DE - I think this is a guy OU has a better chance at than some realize so far.
Anthony Hill - LB - Big-time guy that OU has worked hard on and is a real contender for.
Jacobe Johnson - CB - OU leads but he needs to put together a strong year to justify their interest.
Javien Toviano - CB - ELITE guy that is at a school OU hasn't had a lot of luck at but maybe things turn here?
Deldrick Madison - CB - Duncanville is the opposite, OU is growing there and has a chance.
Samuel M'Pemba - DL - OU has made some good early impressions as I understand it.​
Recruiting​
Completely out of it with Banks..?
Yeah, I think OU just let themselves get wayyyyyy too far behind.​
Recruiting​
Is it a coincidence that Dindy’s dad got a job in college station or do you there is more to the story? I’m sure Norman and the OKC metro have some pastor openings.​
If you mean do I think his dad was in on 'something', nah, I don't believe that.

Do I think that moving parts in College Station randomly sought out someone from Lakeland, Fla.? Nah, I don't believe that either.​
Recruiting​
Do we have any shot at Bear Alexander?​
I don't think OU has any interest in getting involved with that situation.​
Recruiting​
Any update on Dindy and Gentry?​
Not since speaking to Gentry just a week or so ago. Dindy, I know everyone is now just convinced OU is in huge trouble, I'm just not buying that. We'll see what comes but his family will now be closer to Norman, that's not a bad thing.​
Recruiting​
Rank the secondary players we are recruiting based on interest in OU, athleticism, and who you think are the best prospects.​
Interest:

Jayden Rowe
Austin Jordan
Gentry Williams
Lorenzell Dubose
Chace Biddle
Myles Pollard
Zion Branch
Azareyeh Thomas

Athleticism:

Gentry Williams
Zion Branch
Austin Jordan
Myles Pollard
Jayden Rowe
Azareyeh Thomas
Lorenzell Dubose
Chace Biddle

Best:

Gentry Williams
Zion Branch
Myles Pollard
Austin Jordan
Jayden Rowe
Chace Biddle
Lorenzell Dubose
Azareyeh Thomas​
Recruiting​
I know a lot of commits will probably take advantage of visits as they should but what do you think the chance of Jordan Hudson sticking around are given the rumors of his interest in Texas a while back?​
Mpeacock5​
I still like where OU is with Hudson, if for no other reason than when he talks about OU/UT...it's VERY definitive. I mean maybe he just chooses to eat all of those words but that would be...unusual.​
Recruiting​
You said earlier that that a bold prediction was that OU pulls a surprise off from Florida. Who were you referring to?​
I've got a few options I'm considering. I just have a feeling OU lands a guy (or two) that people aren't pegging them with right now.​
Recruiting​
Next commit on offense and defense for 2022 and 2023?

2022:
O: Kaden Helms
D: Austin Jordan

2023:
O: Malachi Nelson
D: Jacobe Johnson​
Recruiting​
when Malachi commits, what 3 players does it have the biggest impact on in the 2023 class? And you can’t pick Lemon or another QB​
Brandon Inniss, Luke Hasz, Johntay Cook.​
Recruiting​
Update on Makai Lemon? Anything new out there?​
I think the thing that gets real interesting with him is the possibility of him playing DB, I think that opens up a lot of doors in the 2023 class if he is open to that chance.​
Recruiting​
Would a Dasean Brown offer this summer be a pretty solid indicator that Abor is Columbus bound or would the 2 not be related?​
I think it would be a clear sign of OU's feelings on Abor.​
Recruiting​
Has Jacobe Johnson shown enough for his offer to be commitable at the moment? We always talk about not offering in state kids if you’re not ready to take their commitment but seems like half off that offer to him so early was as a projection of what he was gonna be​
I think he's still a take at this point, SO much potential but ther'e sno question he needs to do asomething this year.​
Recruiting​
If OU was in the SEC what type recruiting boost would be realistic to expect @Josh_M
There's no question OU gets 2-3 guys in the Southeast they wouldn't have before. But I think there's a balance when OU isn't going to the playoff nearly every year.

I think it's probalby better for OU but isn't the infallible thing that people tend to believe.​
Recruiting​
Josh_M Last Fall we were leading for Tyson Ford, Omari Abor and Gabe Dindy. All 3 look like they are headed elsewhere. We were strong on the OL with Dewberry and Devin Campbell. Now both are leading elsewhere. How is it possible to be a top 5 team every year and not be able to close on these elite guys? I just don't get it.​
I don't think OU's place with the two OL has really changed. They've never been the leaders but always contenders.

The DL, it's disappointing on Ford and Abor but they are, again, facing teams with a lot more NFL products - particularly for Abor.

That said, I don't think the Abor race is done.

And let's see what happens with Dindy - I'll have some more on it in the Scoop but no one was blindsided by this news.​
Roster​
What is the latest in Bradford? Will he be joining the team soon?​
Yes, I think it's coming, sounds like there have been a few minor details being cleared up but that all should be fine soon.​
Roster​
If Bradford comes does that move Mikey back to the H-back roll? I feel that’s where he can be the most deadly to opposing defenses​
Oh I think it adds incentive for OU to move him there 'look that's another big-time back that could eat away at your snaps'. So much in play there, it's hard to get inside he and Riley's head and know where this thing goes.​
Roster​
Did OU get serious about Robinson? Does taking Bradford impact 22 Rb recruiting?​
To my knowledge Bradford was always the focus.​
Roster​
Seems like Brian Darby hasn’t been mentioned a lot. Will his role change much with Henderson’s move to the backfield?​
I think they could find something for him but I still wonder if he has the size to really handle that role. I'm thinking he's just a guy that is either going to take a while to make any impact or never will.​
Roster​
What do you think the ceiling is for Mike Woods this year? Thoughts on him as a player?​
I like him quite a bit, I see a guy that brings some unique skills to Oklahoma's offense - natural high point player who has more wiggle than you expect for a guy of his size. He reminds me of the BEST of Quentin Chaney - I know that won't excite many but remember the Fiesta Bowls, ha.

I think he'll be a 35 catch guy who may be over 600-yards and 6 touchdowns. That's about where I've got him, I think he'll have a true role.​
Roster​
Assuming we get Bradford, how do the carries get distributed this season?​
I'd say as far as percentages...

Gray - 40%
Brooks - 35%
Bradford - 20%
Major - 5%​
Roster​
Bonus : who ends up the PR / KR ?​
I think Bowman and Williams end up as your return man.​
Roster​
WCWS Bonus ?- If the Sooners Football Team had to field a softball team, who is their Jocelyn Alo?
*Funny enough? Almost have to be Mario Williams who is pretty damn good from what I've been told.​
Roster​
Not to get into other podcast talk, but Gabe and Teddy’s most recent episode where Teddy said the entire team needs to get stronger/faster was interesting. Said he’s seen testing numbers for all position groups and in his mind they’re not good enough across the board. Said we need more dudes and they got into OU’s S&C program - seemed like they questioned our ability to compete.

Obviously, most think OU is a legit title contender this year, but after hearing respected former players like them say those things I’m wondering 1) are we overrating our talent and 2) is it more of a recruiting thing or a development thing that OU doesn’t seem to have as many “holy shit, look at that guy” types as Gabe called them.​
I'd be willing to bet that Teddy is going by numbers he remembers when Schmitty was at OU, or comparing to other programs. The MAJORITY post hand times, not laser. OU has been using laser for testing, for a reason. Accuracy matters and hand-timed numbers are completely dumb and inconsistent. So many "4.3" guys out there getting hand-timed. I think OU has a lot of high end talent but guys who are going to test off the charts? Nah.

They don't have a roster loaded with sub-4.5-second 40-yard dash guys. They don't have a bunch of weight room monsters, etc.

They have a lot of very, very good football players.

I also think people tended to make up their mind about the S&C program before Benny Wylie was even on campus and I think that does impact some of the thoughts on what's currently there. Schmidt is the guy who trained almost all of the ex-players who are around the program now and his reputation was well-earned. I think there is some tendency to think a guy who didn't work like him makes guys 'soft' now.

Honestly, that's just kind of human nature, 'it was tougher in my day!'.​
Roster​
Bigger impact this season:

Caleb Kelly or Kori Roberson or Marcus Hicks?

McCutchin or Bryson Washington?

Mike Woods or Mario Williams?​
1. Roberson.

2. McCutchin.

3. I'll say Williams as I think he might impact the return game some as well.​
Roster​
Any buzz about summer workout? I don’t want a snarky “they just started today” comment. I want some meat!​
I'll steal some traditional content from others....

"Freshman look great, several All-Americans in there."

"This is a squad with serious focus on winning a NC."

"QB (X) is really taking this team as his."

"Baker Mayfield's arm may fall off."

Wait, that last one...I'm not sure it works for 2021.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News