ADVERTISEMENT

BV's first game presser of the year.

I found that the BV weekly presser is still on Soonersports.com. I don't like ESPN+ because I can't record it and turn the tv up louder than the Soonersports presentation. But at least I know that I can watch the presser, and the two weekly shows at Rudy's which have moved from Tuesday night each week to Monday.

BV was much more forthcoming about individual players than Lincoln or Bob were. It was refreshing. I wonder how long it will last. Here's the link to the presser.

BTW, thanks CTO for your reply. It encouraged me to check it out. I knew if it were on Youtube that is would also be on Soonersports.

BTW, thanks CTO for your reply. It encouraged me to check it out. I knew if it were on Youtube that is would also be on Soonersports.
YouTube has lots of OU games as far back as the 1946 bowl game vs NC. I watched last year’s game with Western Carolina the day after as I will the Kent State game.
You can see highlights of many games and clips of OU’s greatest players like Vessels, McDonald, Jimmy Harris, Prentice Gautt, Owens, Mildren, Sims, Washington, Pruitt and others.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I know about Thad, but don't know how much impact he has on BV's openness during pressers.
They call Thad the king maker for a reason. When you have fans that are amped up like Venables, you can't lose. A big part of that is access to the media and the information given. Riley was a ridiculous information tightwad. All scripted.

You should watch the pressers of the coaching staff and players on youtube as well. There's a reason 75,000 showed up for the spring game in addition to those who watched on whatever streaming whatever is on these days.

They call Thad the king maker for a reason. When you have fans that are amped up like Venables, you can't lose. A big part of that is access to the media and the information given. Riley was a ridiculous information tightwad. All scripted.

You should watch the pressers of the coaching staff and players on youtube as well. There's a reason 75,000 showed up for the spring game in addition to those who watched on whatever streaming whatever is on these days.
There is an interview of Thad prior to his arriving at OU. He spoke of the extreme contrast in working with Saban, as his first major assignment and Dabo Sweeney, as a known commodity. His summary made it sound as if he was in a constant tug-of-war with Saban to implementing his ideas. I recall him saying that it seemed he was always looking for Saban to discuss development ideas whereas Sweeney was knocking on his door everyday wanting to know what was on the horizon. He jumped on the OU job because he thought Venables would be the ideal partner to building a historical legacy at a blue blood program.

I'm glad somebody asked him a question about UTEP towards the end of the press conference.

Last edited:
YouTube has lots of OU games as far back as the 1946 bowl game vs NC. I watched last year’s game with Western Carolina the day after as I will the Kent State game.
You can see highlights of many games and clips of OU’s greatest players like Vessels, McDonald, Jimmy Harris, Prentice Gautt, Owens, Mildren, Sims, Washington, Pruitt and others.

CT

Splurge for ESPN plus ( $5.99 ) as there will be plenty of OU content on there now with the ESPN deal. It will include all other sports also and many of the softball games will be shown on there. Plus the Kent St game live .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT