ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Venables on injuries this week | Some sourced notes as well

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Brent Venables says Danny Stutsman, Tawee Walker and a few others are what he would classify as "day-to-day" this week. Stutsman and Walker practiced yesterday, but today will be the first day that Gentry Williams is available to practice. I can tell you his shoulder is still very sore and that they did a lot of looking at ligaments, ect yesterday to see if he had anything torn. Obviously, that isn't the case, or at least doesn't seem to be the case, with him potentially practicing today.

I will add that BV also said that he wasn't saying who would play this week because it's too early, but he did let us know who had and hadn't practiced the first part of the week. So there is that.

Also, a little background on Walker and Stutsman: Walker was at best 60-70% and gave it a go on Saturday. Shockingly was productive despite how hobbled he was. Stutsman was the same, but the nature of the injury was different in how it directly effected his play so he was ultimately held out.

We will have more on this as the week progresses.

*** Lastly, safety spot is going to be interesting with the resurgence of Robert Spears-Jennings. The Sooners’ safety played a really solid game, per sources. I would bet you see more of a RSJ/Pearson rotation this week, but much like injuries that is something we will know later on during the week. As we have seen, that safety room is deep and talented this year with more big-time help on the way. Gotta give props to safety coach Brandon Hall there.

Just file this note away and revert back to this if you see a lot of #3 on Saturday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News