ADVERTISEMENT

Bob is just a winner

"This fits me perfectly. It's a 10-week regular season, one playoff game and a championship game. The proximity to my home in Norman, Oklahoma, works for my family and I. And let's face it — I don't have to go into a compliance meeting after practice, I don't have to go into an academic meeting, I don't have to go into a recruiting meeting. All I get to do is coach football and be on the field, and that's what I love to do."

"I've been asked still to go back and do what I did before at different schools and it's just not what I want to do at this point in my life. I'm enjoying this and, again, it's a period of time through the year that really fits my schedule and I love working with these guys — and, also, I've got a great staff. I love working with the coaching staff I've got. And so, all of that really works for me."

"All these players love football, they love being out there. They're older guys that really pick it up quickly, great to be around, so it's been a lot of fun — I'm really enjoying it."

-Bob Stoops

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT