ADVERTISEMENT

Arkie Pig fans still say

Got Rings?

Walk-on candidate
Jul 31, 2010
that SEC is by far and away the better conference. They don't even count the 2-5 record from bowl games from last year. They even told me that Vanderbilt would beat all but the top 3 teams in the Big 12. I'm serious. I reminded them that their own beloved Hog team lost to TX. Tech and they said that was early in the season and that now they could beat anybody. Their 4 losses don't count. I said well we lost to Texas early does that count? They also said Alabama's loss was a fluke to Ole Miss early on. I guess that loss at home doesn't count for Alabama since is was a fluke and early on in the season but the Texas loss for OU should knock us out of the 4 team playoff.

It's great around here. The OU hate is tremendous even more so now than ever.

These Arkie fans hang their hat on Alabama so much that I told them I was going to buy them Roll Tide t-shirts for them to wear. They were even giving me the hook em horns signs. It's great to be an OU Sooner!

Never forget that Arkansas fans hate OU so much that you should never root for them. Ever. They hate OUr guts more than any sec team and even their old SWC rival Texas. Never root for the Piglets. Jeff Long will never take up for OU, the Arkie fans would crucify him if he ever said anything good for OU.

Boomer!

Reactions: SoonersR4Real
that SEC is by far and away the better conference. They don't even count the 2-5 record from bowl games from last year. They even told me that Vanderbilt would beat all but the top 3 teams in the Big 12. I'm serious. I reminded them that their own beloved Hog team lost to TX. Tech and they said that was early in the season and that now they could beat anybody. Their 4 losses don't count. I said well we lost to Texas early does that count? They also said Alabama's loss was a fluke to Ole Miss early on. I guess that loss at home doesn't count for Alabama since is was a fluke and early on in the season but the Texas loss for OU should knock us out of the 4 team playoff.

These Arkie fans hang their hat on Alabama so much that I told them I was going to buy them Roll Tide t-shirts for them to wear. They were even giving me the hook em horns signs. It's great to be an OU Sooner!

Never forget that Arkansas fans hate OU so much that you should never root for them. Ever. They hate OUr guts more than any sec team and even their old SWC rival Texas. Never root for the Piglets. Jeff Long will never take up for OU, the Arkie fans would crucify him if he ever said anything good for OU.

Boomer!

Rings, someone here from Arkansas mentioned the pig people are actually crowing about their 7-5 season?

Seriously, they do that?

Reactions: ESPiam
Rings, someone here from Arkansas mentioned the pig people are actually crowing about their 7-5 season?

Seriously, they do that?
Absolutely. they are in "HOG" heaven right now. Probably give Butthead Bielema a big raise.

Funny story, last year when we were coming off that 8-5 season I had more than one pig fan say to me that boy how horrible Oklahoma's season was and I said yes but just think if Arkansas fans had that 8-5 season they would be giving a parade for the team and giving Bielema a raise. I told him that is the difference in OU and Arkansas programs and the relevance and lack of relevancy for both programs to college football.

Funny thing is before I moved to Arkansas I actually rooted for Arkansas most of the time but after being here a short while I realized the level of hate that all pig fans have for OU. Therefore, I have no use for them. They are delusional.

Absolutely. they are in "HOG" heaven right now. Probably give Butthead Bielema a big raise.

Funny story, last year when we were coming off that 8-5 season I had more than one pig fan say to me that boy how horrible Oklahoma's season was and I said yes but just think if Arkansas fans had that 8-5 season they would be giving a parade for the team and giving Bielema a raise. I told him that is the difference in OU and Arkansas programs and the relevance and lack of relevancy for both programs to college football.

Funny thing is before I moved to Arkansas I actually rooted for Arkansas most of the time but after being here a short while I realized the level of hate that all pig fans have for OU. Therefore, I have no use for them. They are delusional.

Mmm, they sound like the 'shockingly removed from reality' Poke fans, just not as classy...:eek:

Arky = A&M. Think they have accomplished much more on the gridiron than their results actually support. They think they are part of the blue blood elite because Bama beats their ass every year. #Delusional. Also on par with A&M fanbase in the obnoxious department.

Arky = A&M. Think they have accomplished much more on the gridiron than their results actually support. They think they are part of the blue blood elite because Bama beats their ass every year. #Delusional. Also on par with A&M fanbase in the obnoxious department.
You're exactly right ccraider. They think they are a part of that circle especially since they joined the SEC. Their entire identity is with the SEC. They live through Alabama and the entire SEC. If the SEC wins the national championship that means Arkansas fans did too. #Pathetic

Arky fans are BY FAR the most delusional fanbase on the planet. Until you have lived in an area with rabid Arky fans, you will never really comprehend just how frickin delusional they really are. You just have to experience it yourself...no words can properly describe it.
BR you are spot on. I know people don't believe me when I say they hate OU far worse than Texas or any other SEC team but they absolutely do. Losing to any SEC team even if that margin of loss is 50 points still makes ARkie far better than any Big 12 team. ( Well except Tx. Tech maybe since they lost to them at home this year - but that was just a fluke. Anytime and SEC team loses it is a fluke.

BR you are spot on. I know people don't believe me when I say they hate OU far worse than Texas or any other SEC team but they absolutely do. Losing to any SEC team even if that margin of loss is 50 points still makes ARkie far better than any Big 12 team. ( Well except Tx. Tech maybe since they lost to them at home this year - but that was just a fluke. Anytime and SEC team loses it is a fluke.
Well I will say this year when Arky started off the season getting hammered by everyone, including TTech, is about the quietest I have heard this fanbase since I moved down here almost 6 years ago. It was absoulte greatness!!!
But then came the game against Alabama where it was a close game until late in the game. You could tell, that even after a close loss to Alabama, they started to get their swagger back. And now that Arky turned their season around and then beat LSU, some of these lunatics really believe they are a playoff caliber team.
But you are right Rings...unless they lose to an SEC team to more than 50pts or something, then that loss is better than a win against a Big XII team. It's the most absurd crap I've ever heard. I just can't understand the mentality that goes into their thinking process. Alot of them down here say this every year, that if they were in the Big XII they would go undefeated every season. And they are SERIOUS!! They are the biggest conference nutt hugging program in the country. They wear that SEC badge on thieir sleeve like it's a patch for national titles or something. Programs like OU tout conference and national titles. Arky fans tout that they are in the SEC.

Boomer!
I ignore folks that breed their relatives.

Delusional fans are what makes college football so great.

The prize is only great when the smack talking and putting your pride on display is rampant.

No offense but you really need to get around more. I have lived in the Natural State since 88 full time and though some of what you experience is very true there are also a great many Hog fans that are realistic. I have quite a few co-workers who have come up to me and say they are hoping that OU can win it all and especially beat Bama. Even their fan base is growing tired of the Alabama love they get from ESPN.

Yes Hog fans can be a pain in the rear but can't every fan base?

They scheduled UTEP, Texas Tech, Toledo, and Tennessee-Martin, and went 2-2. I'm through hearing how great the SEC is. The SEC was perhaps the 4th best conference this year.

Remind your pig fan that Vandy played three non conference games and they only one of the three that they won was against Austin Peay. The lost to Western Kentucky and got shut out by UHouston, while losing by five touchdowns.

Ole Miss was the second best team in their conference. They lost to Memphis. Memphis played four decent teams all year. The only one they best was Ole Miss. The Tigers lost to the other three, all in their conference, so they were the fourth best team in their conference, who beat the second best team in the SEC.

Memphis wasn't even in a Power Five conference. There have been years when SEC could do some crowing, ,but this isn't that year. South Carolina lost to The Citadel. Let him dwell on that.

Tech beat Arkansas like a drum in Fayetteville. Tech was the fifth or sixth best team in OUr ten team conference.

Nothing backs up his claim.

You're exactly right ccraider. They think they are a part of that circle especially since they joined the SEC. Their entire identity is with the SEC. They live through Alabama and the entire SEC. If the SEC wins the national championship that means Arkansas fans did too. #Pathetic

So, let's review, the 'Backs take more pleasure in getting porked by Alabama and LSU than they would winning more consistently in an easier conference?

That's weird, but I get it...I guess.o_O

Ark and USClite have the most delusional fan base, of any College in the US. They make aTm fans, seem reasonable

I have Arkansas relatives I argue with all year. Now looking at possible bowl projections they say they want the best team they can play so they'll take ..... Nebraska. Thats just too dang easy...Nebraska seriously??? :rolleyes:

I have Arkansas relatives I argue with all year. Now looking at possible bowl projections they say they want the best team they can play so they'll take ..... Nebraska. Thats just too dang easy...Nebraska seriously??? :rolleyes:

They want to play a big name team that is currently not very good. Then they can brag about for the next 30 years.

What is really funny is, I was reading their message board and most of them were saying they did not want to play a Big12 team or any team with a spread offense.

Baylor is likely to go to the Sugar Bowl, but TCU or OsU would TEAR THEM UP!!!

Funny but TRUE story.
I live in McAlester and had a family who had just moved in from Arkansas come to see me. It was the wife who brought in the sick kid and I started getting a family history. Hers wasn't too bad. Then I asked about her husband's family history.

She stated, "Now that's kinda complicated. But I'm proud of my Joey because he married outside the family!"

Really?!!!

Who gets CREDIT for marrying OUTSIDE THE FAMILY?!!!!!!!

Last edited:
In the story above, when I finally met Joey, I could see that for his immediate ancestors they had not "married outside the family"!
Really - think of Deliverance and you've got this family nailed!

They lost to Toledo this year and La Monroe a couple of years back. Had a arkie fan tell me the other day OU got lucky getting ranked in the top 4 by the Playoff Comm. Lucky?

Reactions: Got Rings?
They lost to Toledo this year and La Monroe a couple of years back. Had a arkie fan tell me the other day OU got lucky getting ranked in the top 4 by the Playoff Comm. Lucky?

Lucky? Pfft, they don't have a clue.

Since we won in 2000, we've had the fortune of being back in the natty game THREE times. It's hard, very hard.
It's hard to get in it, even harder to win it all...it's hard.

Did I mention how hard it is?:cool:

Mildly disfigured only, but the nose and eyebrow ridge was awful!

Imagine though, he didn't marry a family member and becomes a star for doing so!

Arkansas - land of really, really, close families!!!

How can you expect an Arky fan to have the slightest idea about how to win a national championship?

They can't even win a divisional championship!!
Exactly!!! Arky has never even won a conference title since joining the SEC, yet they are convinced they are one of the elite historical programs on the level of OU or Alabama. I mean for the love of god...their ONLY Natty was won before the U.S. put regular ground troops into Vietnam....over 50 years ago!!!

Exactly!!! Arky has never even won a conference title since joining the SEC, yet they are convinced they are one of the elite historical programs on the level of OU or Alabama. I mean for the love of god...their ONLY Natty was won before the U.S. put regular ground troops into Vietnam....over 50 years ago!!!

And that NC is somewhat bogus. Not AP or Coaches poll, but little known Football writers group.

Crap, so a projection that Arkie may play K-State in bowl game. If they win that game that will be just like Arkie beating OU and the entire Big 12 conference to them.

Question for You guys that live in NWA, How many times have you heard the term - remember the 1978 orange bowl! I hate the Pigs. They do have selective memory.

Last edited:
Crap, so a projection that Arkie may play K-State in bowl game. If they win that game that will be just like Arkie beating OU and the Big 12 to them.

Question for You guys that live in NWA, How many times have you heard the term - remember the 1978 orange bowl! I hate the Pigs. They do have selective memory.

Well, that win was more significant than the Ladies Home Journal National title they won. :eek:

"A drowning man will grab the end of a double edged sword".

No offense but you really need to get around more. I have lived in the Natural State since 88 full time and though some of what you experience is very true there are also a great many Hog fans that are realistic. I have quite a few co-workers who have come up to me and say they are hoping that OU can win it all and especially beat Bama. Even their fan base is growing tired of the Alabama love they get from ESPN.

Yes Hog fans can be a pain in the rear but can't every fan base?
SB59 - I've lived in NWA for about 20 years now and the people are great (when not talking college athletics), and the area is awesome, many things to do, economy good with all the business. (population projections are to be about the size of Tulsa or bigger in 15 years or so. We love it over here but the fan base hates OU so much. Those co-workers are lying to you to your face if they tell you they want OU to win it all and beat Bama.
They love the SEC and they don't want OU to beat Alabama at all. I'm thinking about getting a couple of guys that I go to Church with a shirt that says SEC or Alabama on it because they root for them almost as much as they do the Hogs. How many times have you heard the phrase - " Remember the 1978 Orange Bowl? " Funny thing is I did like Arkansas a little before I moved over here and saw the hate they have for all things OU.

SB59 - I've lived in NWA for about 20 years now and the people are great (when not talking college athletics), and the area is awesome, many things to do, economy good with all the business. (population projections are to be about the size of Tulsa or bigger in 15 years or so. We love it over here but the fan base hates OU so much. Those co-workers are lying to you to your face if they tell you they want OU to win it all and beat Bama.
They love the SEC and they don't want OU to beat Alabama at all. I'm thinking about getting a couple of guys that I go to Church with a shirt that says SEC or Alabama on it because they root for them almost as much as they do the Hogs. How many times have you heard the phrase - " Remember the 1978 Orange Bowl? " Funny thing is I did like Arkansas a little before I moved over here and saw the hate they have for all things OU.

Not to mention you've got one of the best inland scuba diving lakes in Beaver. Love me some Beaver!

No, seriously, great area there. If you got the jack you can live 50 feet from shoreline.
Can't wait to go back to Lost Bridge Marina to air up the tanks...:D

Arkansas is fired up for the Liberty Bowl. This is like the National Championship game to them. If they beat Kansas State then that makes them better than OU because you know last year KState beat OU so therefore, Arkie is better than OU. Pig logic.
Never mind that OU beat KState 55-0 in Manhattan this year.

You want to get an Arki fan fired up let them know the reason Jeff Long was voted as the Chairman of the CFP committee is because he will never have to leave the room for the final 4 discussion with the Razorbacks being in the playoff mix. It's true! :D

Arkansas is fired up for the Liberty Bowl. This is like the National Championship game to them. If they beat Kansas State then that makes them better than OU because you know last year KState beat OU so therefore, Arkie is better than OU. Pig logic.
Never mind that OU beat KState 55-0 in Manhattan this year.
Funny you posted this Rings....I just had an argument with an Arky fan literally 15min ago and he used this VERY LOGIC!!! He said that since Arky beat Texas in their bowl game last year and Texas beat OU this year, that he has no doubt that Arky would run all over OU if they were to play tomorrow. I mean...how can you even have an intelligent argument with a person that thinks like that????

Kansas State doesnt exactly have the best record in bowl games this last decade. 3-7 with a loss to Arkansas already

Well, Well. I guess one should worry about their own team than what Arky is going to do. Lets see here Okie once again runs their collective mouths on how they are the best thing since sliced bread, and that they are a lock for the national Championship....Hummmmm Clemson 37 - Okie 17.......where have heard and seen this story before.......Oh yeah 1978 Orange Bowl Okie runs mouth about being the best team ever, and then walks out a 38-5 loser to who....oh yeah Arkansas. I guess some arrogant popmus asses never learn. Have fun watching Clemson - Michigan State or Alabama winning the National Championship Big 12 no wait 9 no wait 10? Academically superior conference my ass you cant even count.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT