ADVERTISEMENT

Anton Harrison declaring for NFL

If he was more disciplined, he could probably make 3rd round. The plethora of penalties which hurt this team in bad times cannot be ignored. NFL does not have much foregivemess that he was shown by Coach Bedenbaugh and Venables.

If he was more disciplined, he could probably make 3rd round. The plethora of penalties which hurt this team in bad times cannot be ignored. NFL does not have much foregivemess that he was shown by Coach Bedenbaugh and Venables.

I can't confirm because it was Twitter but I read that Oklahoma opponents in conference play only had 1 holding call for the season. If that's true, Harrison probably wasn't receiving any leeway the other direction.

He's an excellent pass blocker and got better at run blocking as the season went on.

If he was more disciplined, he could probably make 3rd round. The plethora of penalties which hurt this team in bad times cannot be ignored. NFL does not have much forgiveness that he was shown by Coach Bedenbaugh and Venables.
Harrison was said to be OU's best lineman and maybe he was. But I saw too many penalties by him to regard him as a truly solid performer.
Harrison symbolizes many players on the roster as he is good but hardly on the same level as those players OU had in better years.
And OU looks to have another rocky season in 2023 as Venables turns over the roster and the Big 12 has become no longer OU's playground.

Last edited:
Harrison is a very good linemen. Some of those penalties were called because he wears an Oklahoma uniform. Did y'all forget about Cody Ford, that dude was a penalty machine. In almost 450 plays Harrison gave up one sack. That's the stats NFL coaches will be looking at, not how many penalties he had. I wish him the best of luck.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Harrison is very much an NFL prospect that scouts project as a possible first rounder or early second rounder.
He was far and away OU's best offensive lineman (even with some penalty issues) and I wish he was staying another year, but he's on the verge of a big NFL salary so who can blame him.
I'm not buying that Harrison and OU were targeted because they are OU players. Officials know they are cheating their profession and the game itself. Blown calls are mistakes not vendettas. It's just part of the game.

Reactions: Oklabama
Most of the games this year the calls went against ou. Several missed PI calls against ou and several on ou that were head scratchers. The refs were being paid by big12 so if you think they called a fair game, that's your opinion. I for one think you got cheated more times than not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT