ADVERTISEMENT

3 Reasons for Optimism...2015 Season...

No Rose-Colored Glasses or Meaningless Polls...Just some of the finer things of OUr Team being emphasized...

http://www.chatsports.com/oklahoma-...l-Fans-To-Be-Optimistic-About-2015-10-141-864
There are always some things to be optimistic about for every OU football season but I'm no longer drinking the Kool-Aid of lofty expectations that's been handed out for so long. I look to see a talented team with a few potential weaknesses have a winning season....but only limited success as far as competing for a national championship or even a conference championship. This season there seems to be more issues to be resolved with this team than I can recall.
Perine will be fun to watch especially if a rebuilt line can open holes for him and it will take one of the quarterbacks stepping up significantly so that Perine and the offense as a whole can succeed.

No Rose-Colored Glasses or Meaningless Polls...Just some of the finer things of OUr Team being emphasized...

http://www.chatsports.com/oklahoma-sooners/a/3-Reasons-For-Oklahoma-Football-Fans-To-Be-Optimistic-About-2015-10-141-864

I always go into the season optimistic, rose colored glasses and high expectations. To tell the truth I haven't felt good since we lost the terrific Landry Jones at q-b but I was hoping I was wrong.

I didn't buy into the Trevor hype that many did after the Bama win. Knight and his receivers made some unbelievable plays that night which we hadn't seen all year.

I'm buying in this year. We have a new OC that will get to call his own game plan, something no one can convince me Josh Huepel was able to do. It will be interesting to follow Utah State to see if I'm proven wrong. He will Leach it.

We have a new DB coach. From everything I heard they won't be playing eight yards off the line of scrimmage against Baylor wide outs or any other teams receivers. We may get burned, but I think we will see more interceptions and knock downs.

I think we will be better at the linebacker just do to a year older and Shannon coming back.

My only worry is the kicking game...............

JMO, but I think we surprise this year.

http://www.chatsports.com/oklahoma-...l-Fans-To-Be-Optimistic-About-2015-10-141-864[/QUOTE]

There is underrated talent on this team. Be prepared for a team that exceeds expectations easily.

I agree. There is no one that can convince me that Baylor or TCU has better athletes than we do. It's time to prove it on the field.

BTW, it's good to see you back.

You have a sleeping disorder like me? LOL

#1 for me is the changes in the coaching staff. I think it does wonders to get some new blood/ideas/energy into the program, and also serves notice to the rest of the coaches that Bob will replace you and get someone else if you aren't doing your job. I think that gives some motivation for everyone to step up and remind themselves that they need to reinvest themselves into taking the OU program to where it deserves. And while 8-5 and making a bowl game may be a really good year for some programs, it is FAR from what is acceptable at a place like OU.

#2 is the talent on offense. Of course OU needs to find a QB, but with so much talent at RB and WR I don't think you need a Heisman candidate at QB to put up alot of points. OU just needs a QB to take care of the ball, and get it to playmakers who can take care of it from there. OU has a new offensive coordinator, so it will be exciting to see what all he can do with the talent he has inherited. New coaches for the WRs will hopefully translate to the talent that is on the roster in that position to really have a breakout year. Having to replace most of the offensive line is a concern, but Bedenbaugh has done a great job since coming to OU, so I think that position will be okay.

#3 is the fact that last year turned out to be a complete disaster, and while I'm sure some kids come to OU with a certain expectation of "we win cuz we are OU", then I hope last year gave them a dose of reality that just wearing the OU uniform does not mean winning the Big XII and playing for national titles is a guarantee without the hard work to achieve it. Now I'm not saying I think the players didn't work hard. But I believe after having such a humbling experience like last season, that every player, and coach, would look down deep and find a new level to reach for to make sure it doesn't happen again. And play with a certain edge and hunger to make certain it won't happen again, and prove to everyone they are wearing an OU uniform because they are great players, and not the same team we saw against Clemson. Sometimes having experiences like last year can be a positive thing for the future.

If you look at our "Horrible" season last year we easily should have been 11-1. IJS, if the defense improves and a QB emerges that takes care of the ball we could easily be right there at 10-2 or 11-1 next year IMO.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT