ADVERTISEMENT

'22 DELP Chart Projections

NealKenn

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2013
Here's my thoughts on how things stand as of 10/20/21. Remember, DELP Projections only include public commits. This is a gauge of where things stand, to better understand positions of need.

QB: Williams / Rucker / Bowen
Explanation: Bowen is already 1 scholarship transfer....does he leave due to being behind Rucker? Do the coaches like Rucker enough to roll with him at #2?

RB: Grey / Sawchuck / Brown
Ex: Grey ain't goin nowhere this offseason. Not having the breakout year to go pro. He spearheads a dynamic (if not tiny) group of RBs. Of course Major is still out there, and Brown is more of a utility guy. Not included is Barnes, who could have a chance to be a starter.

HB: Lewellyn / Sumlin
Ex: Hall has been pretty adamant it's his last year (or could be). I don't see a rosey NFL future for him, but most dudes don't wanna be in college ball for 6 years. Transfer needed.

YWR: Stogner / Helms / Llewellyn
Ex: Stog, like Grey, ain't going anywhere. Needs more time to get back right, cause he clearly isn't there. Helms had me worried a bit as he was super unproductive early in his SR year, but he's turned it on. Not sure if he's ready for that D1 power 5 leap right off the bat though. Again, transfer needed.

HWR: Mims / Stoops / Darby
Ex: Nice little position group, especially if the Hback is on the field less. Posession guys in your backups, and a stud at starter.

XWR: Haselwood / Wease / Jackson
Ex: If healthy this will be a fun position group to watch battle. Haselwood becoming a team first guy this year has me thinking he comes back.

ZWR: M. Williams / West / Farooq
Ex: Not loving the depth here (though West showed some burst on his one catch). As always, a transfer is needed.

RT: Morris / Parks / Taylor
Ex: Robinson could come back, all the OL could except Swenson, but it'll be his time to leave. Morris anchors the right side next year.

RG: Murray / Walker / Sexton
Ex: Murray could leave, but I think he stays to get another year of starting film on tape.

C: Raym / Anderson / Hunter
Ex: Anderson is the wild card here. How good is he? Good enough to plug at LG? Good enough to move Raym (I don't think they want the growing pains of a new C again but who knows)?

LG: Alexander / Montgomery / Simpson
Ex: Haven't heard this dude in a long time. Maybe Byrd moves to LG? Maybe Campbell or Dewberry if they sign? Transfer(s) needed.

LT: Harrison / Byrd / Hicks
Ex: Year 3 of Harrison SHOULD be taking a big leap.

RLB: Smith / Stripling / Walker
Ex: Don't take Smith's lack of PT as a bad thing. Dude needed to bulk up. He'll be a great one. MJJ here possibly tho?

DT: Coe / Roberson / Kelley
Ex: Coe (when healthy) has been pretty darn good. While not as explosive as Winfrey, he's a raging bull in the middle. I like this group.

DT: Redmond / Ellison / Gilliam
Ex: The injury to Redmond may have quelled some of the NFL momentum for a year. Also, Dindy could see time here, early.

SDE: Grimes / Downs / Moore
Ex: I had my questions on this position going into the year, but it's shaping up to be pretty salty. Dindy could feature here as well, and NRK will start to get playing time. I'm a big fan of Moore though, so he's 3rd string in this DELP.

WLB: Whitter / Morris / Lewis
Ex: Asamoah and White go pro. That's my prediction. Is it wise? Meh, who knows. Either way I'm loving what I've seen from Whitter from an athletic standpoint. He's out of the doghouse, and ready to start next year.

MLB: Stutsman / Ugweogbu / Mckenzie
Ex: DANNY FOOTBALL TIME. He and Whitter will be a freaky athletic duo, with nice depth in David U. and if Mckenzie doens't eat himself into a DT he could factor here as well.

CB: Graham / Davis / Eaton
Ex: Sorry guys, not much changing here. Though Graham as a CB2 is a very good thing.

CB: W. Washington / McCutchin / G. Williams
Ex: Woodi is back and all is right in the world. Split it how you want, but Graham, W. Wash, and McCutchin will be the 3 CB rotation.

SS: Lawrence / Mukes / RSJ
Ex: DTY will leave, he has enough film and he is who he is. Norwood's success will inspire him. Blessing in disguise this year? His injury is giving Key plenty of reps in preparation.

FS: B. Washington / Harmon / Dennis
Ex: This is the worst. Like there is no way this happens. Grinch trusts B. Wash less than I trust McDonald's ice cream machine. Which ain't much. He looks athletic and physical though...give him a chance. In reality, this screams transfer portal. Does the kid from Florida factor here if he commits? Maybe. But as of right now....this is it.

NB: Bowman / Criddell / Rowe
Ex: Year 2 of Bowman, he'll take a leap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News