ADVERTISEMENT

2:26, 4th Qtr; OU win guaranteed….

Bush

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2001
Brothers and sisters, this is what I’m talking about. 2:26 left in the 4th Quarter. We have a 1-point lead. We intercept the ball. Should be game over. Then what do we do??? With a heisman qb we make no attempt to throw for a 1st down to run out the clock and end the game.

With a heisman QB and KU stacking the box with 10 bodies and KU possessing 3 timeouts…we run three times to force KU to burn their 3 timeouts. But because KU stacked with 10 bodies, we don’t pick up a yard. We punt and give KU the ball with 2:15 remaining. TD game over.…we gave them the game through Lebby’s incompetence! Fking beyond stupid and utterly inexcusable. Lebby, riding Art Briles offensive Coordinator genius status as his son-in-law. Me, as an Army Ranger retired, lifetime Sooner-fan-fanatic (knowing nothing as an an ignorant football fkstick) said to myself after Libby’s first run at 2:26 remaining: OMG please don’t run into a brick wall 3 plays when KU has 3 Timeouts and punt to lose. Please, baby Jesus ride our Heisman QB to only one first down to end the game. But no, Lebby obviously knows better. I want to vomit 🤮.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News