ADVERTISEMENT

‘Predatory’ SEC has unified other conferences

Jun 19, 2021
Get ready for a bunch of words that amount to nothing more than "were f'n terrified", but were gonna say differently all while shitting our pants in hopes you won't notice.

This is from the mouth of the Washington State president, formerly of KState, who also happens to represent the Pac-12 on the CFP Board of Managers.

WSU president: ‘Predatory’ SEC has unified other leagues; Pac-12 expansion depends on ‘institutional fit’, revenue potential

“What the SEC has done is unify the other conferences in a way that nothing else could have, in terms of working together."

“A lot of people now are very concerned about the predatory nature of the SEC. More presidents are talking. There’s a lot of back and forth.”

“I sensed that in the aftermath of the announcement, there was some panic, but I don’t think that’s the case any longer."

“Nobody is on a deadline. At the same time, we don’t want to have our head in the sand and just see where everything is one year later and hope it worked out for the best.”

Pac-12 schools receive far less in annual conference distributions — tens of millions less — than their peers in the SEC and Big Ten.

“The second thing I hear a lot about is institutional fit,” Schulz added. “It’s not about a particular state. It’s more about similar styles institutionally. We have a major brand presence on the West Coast. If we add schools from different geographic regions, does that fit well?”

So long story short, they are scared. However, they are too busy looking down their noses (institutional fit) and worrying about whether another school walks and talks like they do to move past the reality at least right now, that they are getting ready to be outgunned like never before.

A partial form of the article can be found here (no paywall)
Entire article can be found here (paywall - but can be circumvented with minor effort)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News