ADVERTISEMENT

WVU about to lose to a 14 seed.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
SFA is the worst flopping team since the World Cup in soccer. The Eer's had six players sit in the first half with two fouls. And SFA is pretty good. But WVU wasn't allowed to play.

I believe that when high seeds get beat, it often comes when they made their conference tournament final, and they haven't quite gotten their legs back.. Same thing with Michigan State.

A&M started slow, but won Green Bay 92-65. They looked very good. Oregon looked even better, but Holy Cross was way way outmanned. Took Holy Cross nine minutes to score more than four points.

Even though the Sooners won, they too looked lethargic, especially Spangler.

Lumberjacks beat Erees at their own game, press and steals.

Do we now pull for the Horns so the big XII sends 4 to the next round?

I believe that when high seeds get beat, it often comes when they made their conference tournament final, and they haven't quite gotten their legs back.. Same thing with Michigan State.

Or maybe, just maybe, there are some pretty darn good players and coaches at those small schools who don't receive much national press if any... until they clobber a big name school.

Not the same team that we played against in the Big12 semi's. They don't have any outside shooting...well unless that was against us. What a poorly played game by WVU..Baylor...Texas Tech...etc. Not a good showing by the big 12 so far.

I don't care for the blaming of the refs,it's not my style. Wvu fans are some of the most disrespectful and rude fans in the big 12 so I'm glad they got beat. Screw the conference, I'm only about Oklahoma

Reactions: BillyRay
West Virginia fell to Stephen F Austin. Huggins got T'ed up with eight minutes left. Maybe less. He had to be pretty peeved to take one down eight in that circumstance.

The XII is now 3-3 with Texas to come. Anybody pulling for Texas?

West Virginia fell to Stephen F Austin. Huggins got T'ed up with eight minutes left. Maybe less. He had to be pretty peeved to take one down eight in that circumstance.

The XII is now 3-3 with Texas to come. Anybody pulling for Texas?
Since you've outed me as a "Longhorn fan" putting another notch on your ever expanding belt, I'll be obedient to the cause and cheer for them.

Boomer Sooner

My bracket went to hell when Mich State lost. I had them playing OU in the finals. I lost 10 out of 32 in the first round. I still have OU, Kansas and UNC to make the Final Four.
sounds exactly like my bracket..MSU was a killer. I had them against OU in the championship game as well.

Reactions: iasooner1
Ridley made a play or two, but overall he hurt them. Pretty sure he didn't play after the half.
Oh, I wasn't worried about him specifically as much as the fact that he'd be another body in reserve to give Ibeh a rest. Prince is a load enough by himself w/o him being even more fresh than he'd normally be w/o CR.

Not that we have to worry about it anyway now. ;)

Reactions: iasooner1
Except for the occasional hill-billies that crop up :rolleyes:

CO2-4.jpg

Go easy on the Mountaineers. I love having them in the conference and think they've done a nice job competing in every sport. Even though they are 1,000 miles away from the nearest B12 campus, the WVU fans I've met have been pretty cool and are glad to be a part of the B12. Just like OU, they have their faire share of jerks, but most are like OU fans in many ways. They are passionate, knowledgeable and respectful, they just don't have multiple MNCs and Heisman winners, 160 + All Americans, 800 wins, etc. Just wish they would have won a game or two in the Big Dance to represent the conference a little better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT