ADVERTISEMENT

WR Jordan Hudson commits for the 2022 class...

I receiver from Garland would have no better place to go to than OU. Under three hour drive. Great receiver coaches. Great receiver offense. Unbelievable head coach for the passing game.

If the Sooners want him this early, he must be pretty good.

I like it...makes you wonder how great OU could be if/when they start collect this talent level on both sides of the ball.

I am still of the opinion there will be no college football this fall. I think this is simply some Jedi mind tricks on myself to help prepare for the worst, while holding out hope for the best.

Hudson is in our district, we beat them pretty bad, something like 51-14, Garland was terrible last year though. Hudson was the only bright spot he scored both of their touchdowns, and had like 10 catches for over 100 yards. Only WR I have better in person was Trejan Bridges, and they will be playing together in couple of years. WR corp looking pretty good

I like it...makes you wonder how great OU could be if/when they start collect this talent level on both sides of the ball.

I am still of the opinion there will be no college football this fall. I think this is simply some Jedi mind tricks on myself to help prepare for the worst, while holding out hope for the best.
I agree. From what I have read, we will know the fate of the 2020 season before August 1.
I have resigned myself over not having football or baseball until 2021. My only wish now is to keep my Maine vacation intact in September. So far, it looks very possible.

Hope Lincoln puts the whammy on anybody causing a hippie lettuce infraction. Not having Perkins and Stevenson hurt this team severely. No more tolerance...
Have Perkins and Stevenson been released from the team? I thought I saw where Perkins was on a watch list or pre season honorable mention. NOTE: His major is Criminology.

Reactions: iasooner1
Have Perkins and Stevenson been released from the team? I thought I saw where Perkins was on a watch list or pre season honorable mention. NOTE: His major is Criminology.

Perkins, Stevenson and Bridges are all serving a 5 game suspension. For smoking pot

Yes those guys were suspended. Hope that Lincoln Riley has made it clear that those shenanigans will not happen without deeper consequences down the line. Talented guys, but bad decisions hurt the team as the ugly Peach Bowl played out.

Yes those guys were suspended. Hope that Lincoln Riley has made it clear that those shenanigans will not happen without deeper consequences down the line. Talented guys, but bad decisions hurt the team as the ugly Peach Bowl played out.
Agree.
But LSU was more of a factor in the game being ugly. Perkins was the only key loss and he would not have made up for the 35 point deficit.
OU at full strength was in over its head.

Agree.
But LSU was more of a factor in the game being ugly. Perkins was the only key loss and he would not have made up for the 35 point deficit.
OU at full strength was in over its head.
Turner-Yell’s loss was huge too. They picked on the back-up strong safety the entire 1st half. Until Bookie got ejected, then they picked on the nickel.

What I really like about Hudson is his athleticism COMBINED with his coachability at the position. He hasn't been instilled with deeply ingrained poor training habits - which are not rare at the prep level or college. As a raw 4-star at the position, his esteem as a top recruit has lots of room to flower.

And regarding the suspensions, anybody in my team that cannot summon the quality of character to avoid any prohibited thing doesn't make my game day roster. The severity of the punishment depends on many factors.

It's just pot. It's legal or a ticket in most states. 5 game suspension is an old, way outdated punishment. Hell, every president since Clinton, has smoked or tried pot.

Reactions: DancesWithWolves
I am not going to engage in a pot debate. Until it’s cleared by NCAA and rule is amended, the OU Players run risk of losing any pathway to NFL or clouding their reputation. ESPN takes good joy in reporting bad things about the Sooners. Almost to TMZ levels.

Turner-Yell’s loss was huge too. They picked on the back-up strong safety the entire 1st half. Until Bookie got ejected, then they picked on the nickel.
To win games like this, a team needs quality depth. Defensively, OU lacked this kind of depth, which is really evident in post season games.
So OU's lackluster bowl record since 2003 includes 7 blowout losses, 3 championship game losses (LSU, USC, Florida), two losses where OU scored over 42 points, a 6-11 W/L record and a 55-point yield to USC (2004) and a 63-point yield to LSU (2019) in two playoff games.
A 183-45 record since 2003 overall is impressive, but only if the post season failures are ignored.
Now it's 20 years since number 7...... and counting

ADVERTISEMENT