ADVERTISEMENT

Would it not be enough for the Washington Redskins to merely change the team name to the Arrows

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Go back to the old helmet with the arrow wrapping the helmet and keep the same team colors. Still not enough to satisfy these people? Probably not. I promise you some dumbass will want to change Cleveland’s team name......the Browns.

Atlanta Braves, Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Indians, Florida Seminoles, & Chicago Blackhawks....it goes on & on. Even Rice University is on the clock these days. I just finished reading up on John Marsh Rice. At one time this fellow owned 15 slaves, made millions, & at age 84 he was murdered for his fortune. But the culprits were eventually caught w/ a forging a fake will. His fortune went to where he wanted it to go which is what is now Rice University. BTW, under the condition that it be an all white school. His ashes will surface someday as they are buried under his statue which is on the campus.

Wind Talkers, Red Tails, Code Breakers are three I've read about. Each one with World War 2 themes, and with heroic connotations, and unjustly with little notoriety.

The Washington Post had an OpEd about the Texasx Rangers claiming they should change their names as well as it was a racist organization.

Go back to the old helmet with the arrow wrapping the helmet and keep the same team colors. Still not enough to satisfy these people? Probably not. I promise you some dumbass will want to change Cleveland’s team name......the Browns.
At first I thought this was a great suggestion until I remembered the one time Washington "Bullets". Since arrows might be considered a precursor to bullets the "arrow" name will fail the "give 'em a flower" rule.

At first I thought this was a great suggestion until I remembered the one time Washington "Bullets". Since arrows might be considered a precursor to bullets the "arrow" name will fail the "give 'em a flower" rule.

You’re probably right. I didn’t stop to think about that. Isn’t it a shame that we have to watch every little word now days? Hell, they may have to do away with ‘Washington’ too.

I saw that too. Unless they increase the size of the W, it won’t even be noticeable. So what have they accomplished? This may be the most ridiculous example of hollering calf rope to date. Ignorant people following mad men.

The good news is that my three sisters have told me that I'm no longer the black sheep of the family.

A little late to the party, but, I have heard that the Washington Redskins are changing their name. Leading candidate is the Virginia Redskins. Second place is Baltimore Redskins.

ADVERTISEMENT