ADVERTISEMENT

Word is that Friday (5-15) will be a huge day for OU recruiting.

Right now, OU has 7 commitments.
Three are on offense.... 2 WR and an offensive lineman.
four on defense....2 LB's, 1DE, 1 DB.
3 are from Texas.
2 are from Oklahoma.
2 are from Florida.
Plus, OU is chasing 4-star safety Kendal Daniels from Beggs, the top player in Oklahoma.
My opinion is that today's team rankings mean nothing and by year's end and/or February, OU will have a very good class. OU is in on some top talent.

If I am looking at it correctly, as the rankings stand right now, OU is heavily favored to land 3 of the top 9 players in the NATION:

#3 QB Caleb Williams
#7 RB Camar Wheaton
#9 OL Bryce Foster

They just had the #12 ranked player (WR Mario Williams) verbal...I like the path they are on and hope they continue to stock up!

If I am looking at it correctly, as the rankings stand right now, OU is heavily favored to land 3 of the top 9 players in the NATION:

#3 QB Caleb Williams
#7 RB Camar Wheaton
#9 OL Bryce Foster

They just had the #12 ranked player (WR Mario Williams) verbal...I like the path they are on and hope they continue to stock up!

It seems like replacing Ruffin and Boulware has been a positive in recruiting. Jamar and Demarco have been a real positive. I wasn't a big fan of the Murray hiring. Just being a coach for 1 year, scared me a little. But I've been in the trust Riley club since he won his first CCG as OUr head coach. It appears he's made good hires again.

We can't be counting chickens until signing day. We've seen a lot of studs who committed before their senior season, who ended up elsewhere by the first Wednesday of February. But it appears that we're getting the best Oklahoma kids, competing well against the Horns and every other Texas school in Texas, and two quality Florida kids so far.

Grinch's impact has been good for defensive recruiting. This could get to be fun if we ever see real football again.

It seems like replacing Ruffin and Boulware has been a positive in recruiting. Jamar and Demarco have been a real positive. I wasn't a big fan of the Murray hiring. Just being a coach for 1 year, scared me a little. But I've been in the trust Riley club since he won his first CCG as OUr head coach. It appears he's made good hires again.

We can't be counting chickens until signing day. We've seen a lot of studs who committed before their senior season, who ended up elsewhere by the first Wednesday of February. But it appears that we're getting the best Oklahoma kids, competing well against the Horns and every other Texas school in Texas, and two quality Florida kids so far.

Grinch's impact has been good for defensive recruiting. This could get to be fun if we ever see real football again.

The only "negative" I could possibly argue is a fan could wish instead of all 4 for of those potential Sooners being offensive players, one or two could be on the defensive side of the ball...but never turn down too level talent like that!

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT