ADVERTISEMENT

Word is that Friday (5-15) will be a huge day for OU recruiting.

This is good news finally, now have to seal the deal on Smith

DONE DEAL!!!

NewsOK: Oklahoma City News, Sports, Weather & Entertainment
Four-star OLB Clayton Smith commits to Sooners

NORMAN — A big day of recruiting got even bigger Friday for OU.

A few hours after securing a commitment from five-star wide receiver Mario Williams, the Sooners added a big defensive piece when four-star 2021 outside linebacker Clayton Smith committed.

The Texarkana, Texas, product announced his decision on Twitter.

C$@claytonsmith_10

Married to the Game
2764.png
#commited
  • Smith chose the Sooners from a group of finalists that also included LSU, Texas, Oregon, Florida State and Kentucky.
Smith is the second linebacker commit OU has received this month, joining Florida product Danny Stutsman.

The 6-foot-4, 220 pound Smith is the No. 14 outside linebacker in the 2021 class according to Rivals and is No. 211 nationally among all players in the class.

Sorry, Mario Williams and Clayton Smith. We need signatures on these two players. It will be interesting to see how we finish; 24th doesn't cut it for me, OU should be top 12 every year.

I get what you are saying and agree with you. But it is a little weird right now. I was a little uneasy looking for good news today on the recruiting front but my love for sports won out. From what I can tell these two players are building blocks and highly regarded. It is early, and based on the schools OU beat out on both players I would think Coach and the crew is on the right path...#OUDNA

Sorry, Mario Williams and Clayton Smith. We need signatures on these two players. It will be interesting to see how we finish; 24th doesn't cut it for me, OU should be top 12 every year.

The only number that matters is the recruit ranking. Right now we are Top 5, with a 92.5

Other team rankings are teams with 10-20 commits. Loaded with 3 star kids

Reactions: iasooner1
I wonder if playing football in Oklahoma, in a state not as impacted by the corona virus as many other states, would be a preference to recruits in California, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan, the New Orleans area and the Houston area.
If I were a recruit, that would be a consideration.

I wonder if playing football in Oklahoma, in a state not as impacted by the corona virus as many other states, would be a preference to recruits in California, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan, the New Orleans area and the Houston area.
I can assure you 18 year old kids are not sweating this illness.

I’m like you, CT. Wish kids weren’t risking their lives over sports. Seems like a no brainer to me and you, but it’s hard to argue that it’s the wrong decision for some of these kids.

I’m like you, CT. Wish kids weren’t risking their lives over sports. Seems like a no brainer to me and you, but it’s hard to argue that it’s the wrong decision for some of these kids.
I’m in a siege mentality stance these days. My concern is for family, friends and myself. I can’t control what people do so I choose to focus on my own environment and doing what I need to do for myself. I’ll practice social distancing and wearing a mask when shopping until a vaccine is developed and this pandemic is controllable, however long it takes.
My anger is over the divisiveness spawned by politicians and the media on both sides in dealing with this virus.

I’m in a siege mentality stance these days. My concern is for family, friends and myself. I can’t control what people do so I choose to focus on my own environment and doing what I need to do for myself. I’ll practice social distancing and wearing a mask when shopping until a vaccine is developed and this pandemic is controllable, however long it takes.
My anger is over the divisiveness spawned by politicians and the media on both sides in dealing with this virus.

Agreed. Don't know how either side is ever going to back down. This is a chicken and egg thing. It's tough to give up and call truce when we're to the level where each side is trying to incarcerate the other side. Those are serious consequences.

I personally can't see that being a factor at all. By the time these kids suit up for OU the virus we only be a bad memory.

I personally can't see that being a factor at all. By the time these kids suit up for OU the virus we only be a bad memory.
I hope you are right, but no one KNOWS what lies ahead and too many differing opinions are clouding the situation.
I think playing sports in front of 50,000-100,000 fans is not happening this year.
Realistically, I think a vaccine will be developed to control this virus within 8-12 months from now, but this virus may be here to stay, so finding a vaccine to contain it needs to happen asap.

I hope you are right, but no one KNOWS what lies ahead and too many differing opinions are clouding the situation.
I think playing sports in front of 50,000-100,000 fans is not happening this year.
Realistically, I think a vaccine will be developed to control this virus within 8-12 months from now, but this virus may be here to stay, so finding a vaccine to contain it needs to happen asap.

Probably just something we will eventually have to learn to live with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT