ADVERTISEMENT

Why the bracket matters. Home cooking gives Auburn and Bama home wins.

I saw the end of the Minnesota game. That pitch that was called a ball was right over the inside corner and thigh high.

I saw the end of the Minnesota game. That pitch that was called a ball was right over the inside corner and thigh high.

You didn't see what loaded the bases or the who lasts at bat. First and second one out and the Bama batter faked being hit and was given first base. Replay showed the ball missed her by an inch or two. Keep in mind that Osorio threw rise balls up in the zone called strikes all day. But on the last hitter, the first pitch was a high strike called a ball. Lower than 25 Osorio got for strikes in the game. Then four of five pitches called balls. Four were in the strike zone, easily. This is why the SEC is so highly regarded. The smae thing is going on in Oxford, and Gainesville and College Station. The SEC gets the strike zone and the close calls. SEC umps take care of SEC teams.

Auburn beat Cal in extra innings because when they were thrown out at home, she was called safe, to tie the game at 3-3 The catcher did what catchers are taught to do. She got the ball into her bare hand to make sure it didn't pop on on the tag. But her hands separated just a hair. BUT she tagged he girl with both hands. Called safe.

I'm pretty pissed off right now. But this is really the SEC invitational, brought to you by the NCAA. It's pretty sickening. But OUr team wasn't going anywhere. We can't hit decent pitching.

You now have to win four straight and use up a lot of pitching. Mendes might have to help with some innings. Going extras today won't help. And Arky's pitching will be rested because they got to play yesterday. There is more than a small chance, that we might play two and go home.

Reactions: iasooner1
ESPN 3. ESPN sent a crew to Norman, but this is an SEC public relations conspiracy. The bracket makers are in on it. THe umps are in on it. You'll see less and less of the Pac 12. The Longhorns keep showing up on LHN, also an ESPN product.

The SEC didn't just have 13 teams in the bracket, unfairly. None of their teams were four seeds. EIGHT got to host a regional. Seven hosts swept with the help in at least three games from umpires, inclluding two absolutely screw jobs at Auburn and Alabama.

Cal clearly throws out the tying run at the plate in the 6th, but she's called safe. Then Auburn wins in extra innings.

Bama gets the bases loaded in a tie 0-0 game because of a phantom call on an HBP that clearly wasn't an HBP. Eight replays showed no contact. With no outs. Minnesota's pitcher, gets a K and a pop out. THen with bases still loaded and two outs, she throws the four of the next five pitches in the strike zone, but four are called balls and Bama walks off against the number two draft pick in the pro softball draft. Umps screw anybody visiting the SEC. THey tried to screw OU with that ridiculous obstruction call.

LSU lost game two at home and heads to the losers' bracket.

Three SEC teams not at home went home as a two or three seed, losing two straight. Two are in the losers' bracket in weak regionals. South Carolina is in the losers' bracket in Tucson. Georgia is still playing in a rainy weekend in Tallahassee in the losers' bracket.

But all we'll have to listen to the next two weeks is how great all these SEC teams are.

All this home cooking is pretty anger producing for me. I'm hoping for an earthquake at all SEC locations next week, unless we somehow win three straight tomorrow.

Is Minny completely out now ? I feel sorry for their girls. I went to one of their free boards to give them some props but all they could do was dis my 'low post count' as some Rivals tweak only showed me having 3 or 4 in my history...

Is Minny completely out now ? I feel sorry for their girls. I went to one of their free boards to give them some props but all they could do was dis my 'low post count' as some Rivals tweak only showed me having 3 or 4 in my history...

The same weather that got OUr rainout Friday, hit the state of Alabama last night. Both Auburn and Alabama's regionals didn't finish the schedule. So Minny will have the same challenge today that we do. They have to win three. But their hill is a much steeper climb. The team from the game one losers' game would have to win four today, I believe. I don't think they got finished with the equivalent of OUr game with Arky last night. I don't know what Minnesota's second pitcher looks like. But they'll need Groenewegen at full speed to have a chance to beat Bama twice today. And Bama has quality pitching depth. Their number two could go out there and push Groenewegen, saving their stud for game three if it got that far.

SEC advocates, like ESPN, will say this shows that Minnesota didn't deserve to be seeded over Bama, but it ignores the home field, and home cooking umpiring that goes on at the SEC sites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT