ADVERTISEMENT

Who can we afford?

Texas is leading in the fourth mile of a marathon. They've done this many times. And overall, they have three conference titles in 28 years. We have more than the rest of the conference combined. I think we'll survive.
And there's also this:

In case you don't want to follow the link... Oklahoma, 31 players / Texas, 26 players

OU has two less in the pros than Iowa, which Is untenable to me and should be rectified in the next two years under the new system. OUr goal needs to be in the top 5 range immediately

Iowa State has fewer NFL players than Kansas. Shocked that the Cyclones had only three. I'm thinking that will change after opening day in 2022.
They’ll double that with Hall, Kolar (didn’t think he’d EVER leave, lol) & Uwazarike. I’d think Purdy would have a decent shot to at least get on a practice squad, if not carry a clipboard at some point. I wouldn’t bet against Mike Rose either.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The other site is claiming that OU recruiting is going to have a major boost in the next month. Short on details, but implying that at least six or seven four star or higher recruits are going to announce for OU in the next four weeks.
Players want to play the way I see it.. We've something going here imo.

The other site is claiming that OU recruiting is going to have a major boost in the next month. Short on details, but implying that at least six or seven four star or higher recruits are going to announce for OU in the next four weeks.
I keep reading that July will be busy for OU recruiting. I also keep looking at OU’s offer list and see many high level recruits considering OU.

He is.
And it's a shame when looking back, when Stoops retired after the 2016 season, that Venables wasn't name head coach at Oklahoma.
I wonder where the program would be now, five years later.
It's a bit like wondering where OU might have gone had Darrell Royal succeeded Wilkinson, when it seemed to me that Wilkinson might have had his mind more on entering politics, as he did following his retirement after the 1963 season. I'll always believe that DKR would have been the perfect fit to replace Wilkinson.... a native Oklahoman and Sooner All American.

ADVERTISEMENT