ADVERTISEMENT

Which was worse?

Pretty much run the board here now? Most of us have been here 16 plus yrs. Where you been newbie?
As for OU Football the defense always gets the blame but its not just the defense that has laid eggs. Go back to the playoff game vs Bama. The Great OU Offense didn't exactly help out a lot when it was what 28-0 in the first qtr? What about the Offensive Genius vs LSU last year? LSU's offense made ours look like an afterthought.

As far as posters here being clowns for wanting better I don't recall any of us here calling a play or making boneheaded mistakes. We are just fans that are tired of settling for winning a weak conference. This is OU or used to be and we expect more not this TT crap football we have seen for the past several years.
Its your right to think OU has done great things in those years but it is my opinion we have not. Winning the Big 12 is not a big deal as some here would like to believe. We were damn lucky to win a few of them lately.
I don't believe OU is in the same Elite Status as tOSU, Bama and Clemson or even Georgia. We should have beaten Georgia in the Playoffs but bad Coaching cost us. The last 2 Playoffs we had no business being there. Just humiliating to watch the lack of Coaching and Talent on both sides of the ball.
You can settle for Big 12 Champs if you want, I expect more from OU, always have and always will. Thats what a Sooner Fan does.
Very well stated. It’s been the escalator down to the clearance close out section since the loss to GA in Pasadena. Granted there were some exciting offense moments, but the defense has been wearing concrete shoes. First it was Jack In Box and now da Grinch. I have watched games with Bama and Ohio State fans lately. Both have asked why is this team so poorly coached? An outsider perspective. I had no answers. Except that we cannot attack the ball consistently and tackle worth a crap. Now special teams is even taken a hit. Big 12 is a pathetic conference this year...and here we sit 0-2

Mayfield and Murray were Mount Rushmore talents and gave OU the best 4 years of quarterbacking in OU's history and Hurts following in 2019 capped off a five year run of quarterbacking excellence at OU. That was two Heisman winners and a near miss winner from three elite transfers.
The greatness of these three QB's covered the main weakness by those Sooner teams, which was on defense and the postseason meltdowns exposed how OU was built on outscoring opponents' offenses than containing opponents' offenses....and it always resulted in two-loss seasons which included postseason failures.
Rattler is a good player, but he comes at a time when the defensive talent is either unproven or less talented (from an already porous unit)....and his offensive unit has been diminished by graduation, early exits to the NFL, injuries, transfers and suspensions.
I think Texas will decide a lot of things about the 2020 season. I see OU facing a very important time now on how the season plays out and how recruiting will be capped off.
The potential of a 2-win season exists and if OU loses on Saturday, giving the team three conference losses, Riley, fairly or unfairly, has to prove himself all over again.
I do not doubt that Riley has the ability to right the ship, but how this season plays out and how recruiting goes and what changes are made this off season will tell a lot in which direction the OU program is headed. My best guess is there may be at least one change on the staff, 2 or 3 junior college players come in, and Caleb Williams and Chandler Morris get every opportunity to start. I like Mordecai's potential but I think he gets squeezed out of the mix and transfers. And I think Chandler Morris is a hidden gem who will play well on the college level....somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT