ADVERTISEMENT

What's at stake this weekend

Phaeded

Sooner starter
Jun 5, 2001
Hate to pee in your cranberry sauce, but we are fighting Tech this weekend for 6th place in the conference and the indignity of either the AutoZone Bowl (if TCU holds on to a playoff spot) or the Guaranteed Rate Bowl if TCU loses in the CCG (and if we lose to Tech and TCU loses, Lockheed Martin here we come!):

1. Sugar Bowl vs SEC

Highest-ranked available Big 12 team, if it’s not the Big 12 Champion.

2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs Pac-12

3. Cheez-It Bowl vs ACC

4. Mercari Texas Bowl vs SEC

5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs SEC

6. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten [vs Purdue?]

Other Bowl Tie-Ins

– Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs American Athletic, C-USA, Pac-12

– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs ACC, American Athletic, or Pac-12

Reactions: OUSOONER67
The 6 hole would be fine for this team and would really be interesting if the Hawkeyes lose to Debbie this Friday. They have talent on Defense that is tough (but No Offense). We would boat race Purdue

CBS Sports projects OU vs Mississippi State in the Texas Bowl in Houston.
If it becomes reality, I like OU playing a bowl game in Texas.... lots of OU fans and lots of high school talent there.
Bob’s first team lost to Mississippi State in a bowl. Playing Mike Leach’s team would be interesting to say the least. I like it.

Reactions: iasooner2000
You’re right. My bad. But it was a close game, right?
After Quentin Griffin caught a go-ahead ball in the end zone (not something we associate with him), Bob made the mistake of kicking it deep to Deuce McAlister who ran it out to mid-field and then there was an eventual winning FG for Ole Miss (how many games did Bob squander on KOs (having just played the Pokes that one is fresh)? And throw in Murray's blown knee on an on-sides missing the BCS game vs UF). And then our last NC the following year....

DeMarco’s knee injury at Tech slowed him. Not that much but enough to notice. He adjusted his game after healing. Now he teaches Gray the finer points, and prepares him for the NFL.

I’m always uneasy when we play in Lubbock and especially if it’s late in the season. We can win but not if the offense doesn’t play for four quarters. I think it’s going to be tight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT