ADVERTISEMENT

What in the hell are you doing comments to Lincoln Riley from fans the press & former OU players

I can tell you why they are doing it. It was just dumb play calling. You have a Heisman QB and you take him out of the equation in crunch time for what is an obvious play. This is about the sixth time we have done this inside of the five and it hasn't been successful yet.

Riley has to grow up fast or he is going to get his team beat by these silly calls. He deserves to be criticized for it.

One or two of us believe that criticism of coaches and players on message boards negatively impact recruiting.
I believe that the product these recruits see on the field....as well as talking to coaches, parents, players on campus and other recruits....is what influences them.
Again, if a player makes his decision solely based on social media remarks, why would you want him ?

Red Zone offense was the problem yesterday. OU moved the ball, and the first half the defense let the QB run wild. Bad 1st half tackling, blown gaps and bad angles.

OU has to show the Oline is the real deal and can get 1 yard. I never want to see the wildcat with Baker still on the field. At least with the Bell Dozer, it was 11 on 11. With Baker split wide. It's 10-11.

Take a page out of KSU book. Those guys did a GREAT job blocking 1st and second level.

We need a Offensive coordinator that has his hand on the pulse. Coming out of the 1st timeout, with under 2 minutes. Baker had to tap Riley on the Shoulder, to get the play. That was CLEAR evidence, Riley is dealing with way to much for a 1st year Head Coach and it shows.

I am giving a virtual standing ovation to everyone in that Diehards thread. Kudos.

Letting bonehead decisions skate isn't going to help this program.

The biggest bonehead of all:
images1.jpg

Red Zone offense was the problem yesterday. OU moved the ball, and the first half the defense let the QB run wild. Bad 1st half tackling, blown gaps and bad angles.

OU has to show the Oline is the real deal and can get 1 yard. I never want to see the wildcat with Baker still on the field. At least with the Bell Dozer, it was 11 on 11. With Baker split wide. It's 10-11.

Take a page out of KSU book. Those guys did a GREAT job blocking 1st and second level.

We need a Offensive coordinator that has his hand on the pulse. Coming out of the 1st timeout, with under 2 minutes. Baker had to tap Riley on the Shoulder, to get the play. That was CLEAR evidence, Riley is dealing with way to much for a 1st year Head Coach and it shows.
Well if Riley didn't have to worry about the VETERAN SO CALLED defensive coordinator he might be able to focus on the offense. I doubt we ever see that wildcat bull crap again.

Riley deserves a great amount of criticism for continually calling those wild cat plays. Makes me wonder about him a little

Reactions: CTOkie
Riley deserves a great amount of criticism for continually calling those wild cat plays. Makes me wonder about him a little
Considering the timing of Bob's retirement Riley had no choice but to be his own offensive coordinator for this year. I am thinking he wil give that up next year. I remember when Gundy was calling plays. When the defense was on the field he was over on the sideline woking on offensive strategy and not paying any attention to what was going on. I am not saying that was good but that is what he did. Anyone know if there are any other head coaches of good programs that call their own plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT