ADVERTISEMENT

What if Lebby goes?

If Saben does this he likely knows he get Arnold to flip also. Saben is a snake in the grass. However not sure Arnold could leave since he signed his LOI. Not sure how that all works

Saban isn’t stupid. If he hires Lebby (without getting Arnold) he has to see something OU fans don’t. Lebby wasn’t my first pick but I’m not that disappointed with the way he calls plays as the majority of the board is. Could he have done better? Yes, but it could be said of every past OC since Barry’s days except for Coker, Leach and Mangino, IMO. I thought Josh was a bad OC, but evidently he’s a very good HC. So there you go.

Last edited:
I dont see Lebby leaving after one year. He is an OU alum and he has one of the best QB's on his roster. Expectations at OU next year is 9-10 wins, Bama its national title or bust. Ride the golden arm of JA for 3 years and then you get a shot at being a head coach. Go to Bama and not make a title game, and youre coacing high school.

I think about Lebby much the same way I do Venables.
Both came to OU during a time of transition and turmoil with key players leaving.
Replacements by way of transfers did not do well filling the void of those players.
Now Venables has two recruiting hauls under his belt and there's good reason to believe OU can turn the corner from playing "arena style" football and can even replace Caleb Williams with a recruit (Arnold) who could at least equal his output.
I'm holding off judging Lebby's work so far as I do with Venables.
Too many OU fans overlook the upheaval left behind by Riley's betrayal and poaching. The media did the same thing and most fans drank their Kool Aid.
A year ago, I stated that OU could be in a situation where it would have to take one step backwards to take two steps forward. I still see it that way....and I think Riley's exit will be the best thing for OU in the long run.

On another coaching level...how in the fvck does the Special Teams bonehead get retained and get a damn raise?? Complete idiocy. That guy should be crawling out of Norman with boot prints on the seat of his pants !!

On another coaching level...how in the fvck does the Special Teams bonehead get retained and get a damn raise?? Complete idiocy. That guy should be crawling out of Norman with boot prints on the seat of his pants !!
I'm with ya brother. 👍

Considering what Lebby had to work with I think he did a pretty good job. Needs some tweaks here and there but with better talent I think he will get the offense rolling.
As for him leaving, who knows? Nothing surprises me anymore in College Football.
Saban will chew out butts during the game see Lane Kiffin. Kiffin would likely advise him to avoid being on Sabans staff.
I think Lebby has his eyes on being a HC one day, fail at Bama with all that talent and it would set him back in that regard.

Jay Nunez is the special teams coach, he's an off the field coach, like an analyst, came from western Michigan I believe

What does anyone expect from someone making $110 a year as an off field analyst? Maybe we need an on field ST coach. Well, now Nunez is making $250k according to reports.

Last edited:
I certainly don’t want this to happen but based upon what so many members were posting during last year’s season a lot of fans will be happy. If so, probably no more bubble screens or jet sweeps, KC.

Last edited:
If Lebby leaves,,,gulp. Arnold is signed, what is the earliest that Arnold could leave if he chooses to follow Lebby?

ADVERTISEMENT