ADVERTISEMENT

What I learned from watching UT vs OSU...

sooner_steamroll

Sooner starter
Oct 28, 2003
1.) Both teams are sloppy as hell. I'm sure OSU will be more disciplined when they play us, but they have been terrible today. Texas also - incredibly sloppy.... lots of penalties. It honestly feels like a penalty on every other play on either team.

2.) Heard is dynamic. He's not the best thrower in the world, but he makes better decisions that Swoopes ever did. I'm not saying he's Baker Mayfield by any means, but his demeanor strikes me in a similar way - he's got moxie and some scrappiness to him. He'll make some risky throws, but by and large he gives Texas at least a chance to win most of their remaining games this year. Mike had better be prepared because he made Swoopes look like Peyton Manning last year, and Heard is twice the QB he was.

3.) Rudolph is easily rattled. I really hope Mike pays attention to this game - just hit him a couple of times and he'll get jittery and off balance quite easily.

4.) OSU's defense isn't as great as people thought, but they're still pretty salty. They kept Heard from ever really breaking free in the 4th quarter tonight.

5.) Texas' defense improving... still not at any kind of an elite level, but they certainly made OSU a 1-dimensional team tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.