ADVERTISEMENT

We're in fine hands.

I like what I saw today. Far from OUr best effort but still a win. The defense was smothering with only 3 for 15 on 3rd downs!! We have a fighting chance if we keep growing. I am really enjoying watching this team grow!!

We beat a team that's not too bad, but they lost to an average non P5 team a week earlier. Let's not get too carried away. We are not a very good offensive team. I hear all these stats that our quarterback built up against Directional Arkansas and Tulsa. He couldn't get us to 30 against two not very impressive teams.

If we look good in 11 days in the Cotton Bowl, then we can talk. But Texas is a quality P5 team. They have ATHLETES. Let's see how we match up against a top ten team before we start talking about how great we are. We are mostly solid at quarterback, and we are below average at running back. I wonder how the fifth guy on the depth chart would look getting a couple of carries.

I like what I've seen so far. But .... we have so much to prove. We have potential, which means we ain't done it yet. We need some difference makers to show up on offense, some running back who threatens a good defense.

Last edited:
He couldn't get us to 30 against two not very impressive teams.

Rather than "he" couldn't get us to 30, I'd say the offensive line and the running backs bear a large chunk of that. When you only rush for 103 yards on 30 carries, it puts a tremendous amount of strain on the quarterback.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The offense has 1001 problems and DG isn't one of those. One of these days for the love of all that is holy can OU have a good O and D in the same season? Guess we will see soon.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT