ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, it's official.

I think so too, Woody. So we’ll see what happens now. I’m thinking it won’t be that big an impact as some think. OU will win some and lose some, but at the end of the day it will work out.
I don't for a minute doubt that brother.😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Oklabama
Chandler Morris should have every right to transfer to another school, as ANY college player should.
And with Rattler starting and Caleb Williams on board....and considering Morris's high level of talent....it should be obvious as to why Morris left. This isn't about him somehow betraying OU. It's more about him seeing the writing on the wall.....which likely includes Caleb Williams' presence on the roster.
Meanwhile, OU is in the process of having a great 2022 recruiting class, so it's time to look ahead and stop trashing Morris or worry about him "selling secrets" to the enemy (TCU).

Chandler Morris should have every right to transfer to another school, as ANY college player should.
And with Rattler starting and Caleb Williams on board....and considering Morris's high level of talent....it should be obvious as to why Morris left. This isn't about him somehow betraying OU. It's more about him seeing the writing on the wall.....which likely includes Caleb Williams' presence on the roster.
Meanwhile, OU is in the process of having a great 2022 recruiting class, so it's time to look ahead and stop trashing Morris or worry about him "selling secrets" to the enemy (TCU).

Exactly. No one had any problem back in the old days when there were no scholarship limits and schools, including OU, signed recruits simply to keep them from playing against them. Then things changed and now we have this. The worm has turned.

Exactly. No one had any problem back in the old days when there were no scholarship limits and schools, including OU, signed recruits simply to keep them from playing against them. Then things changed and now we have this. The worm has turned.
My concern about Morris transferring includes Mordecai leaving as well. Both had some good moments in 2020 and OU had a 3-deep QB position. I did not want to lose BOTH.
I hope QB Micah Bowens, the Penn State transfer, can contribute when and if necessary.
I don't see Riley ever having to field a team without an elite quarterback. Malachi Nelson is a 5-star QB from California who is strongly considering OU.....6'3" 195 lbs, rated the number 2 QB nationally in the 2022 class.

My concern about Morris transferring includes Mordecai leaving as well. Both had some good moments in 2020 and OU had a 3-deep QB position. I did not want to lose BOTH.
I hope QB Micah Bowens, the Penn State transfer, can contribute when and if necessary.
I don't see Riley ever having to field a team without an elite quarterback. Malachi Nelson is a 5-star QB from California who is strongly considering OU.....6'3" 195 lbs, rated the number 2 QB nationally in the 2022 class.
Agree with the concern level. Although I am for athletes having the ability to transfer, with some boundaries; I know that is arbitrary 😁.

I don't think players should be able to transfer within the same conference. Take the playbook and start shopping competing conference schools? No thanks.

I don't think players should be able to transfer within the same conference. Take the playbook and start shopping competing conference schools? No thanks.
I understand your concern. But if the situation was reversed, would you have the same concern ?
I believe Riley will modify the playbook in this situation, as he seems to do in most games.

I understand your concern. But if the situation was reversed, would you have the same concern ?
I believe Riley will modify the playbook in this situation, as he seems to do in most games.

When players start bailing on OU & the transfers 'out' occurs in Norman (and eventually they will) the nashing of teeth and the crying foul will be heard. Loudly too by Sooners fans everywhere.
But until then, we're Golden!

Bottomline, there’s not a damn thing to stop it from happening, but we aren’t going to be discriminated against. All programs will have to deal with it, and will also take advantage of it. It’s just going to become a reason to bitch when it happens to OU for a lot of fans. It’s understandable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT