ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this is as good of time as any...

The usual suspects will never eat Crow, they will also keep right on Crowing right up to the end. And then next year we will have good players not great again. Rinse wash and repeat.

I know man, we're breathing some rare air right now!

When you consider the crestfallen funk after Texas, this is nothing short of amazing.
I really don't think the staff will have to get the guys up to play...from all the intel I've read, this team is pretty good at doing that all by themselves.

They'll be quite ready for the pokes.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
To revisit the pinned thread about our chances to advance to the play off...

Go read it, funny stuff...and yes, I expect some crow eating immediately!:D

I believe I was one of the very few that thought we would get in! Most kept babbling on about Notre Dame. I really believe if we have a healthy Mayfield and Perine, we are good to go. I just hope we don't a case of the "we're the best and we don't have to show up" mentality that has hurt us in the past.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
E e easy now, just win baby! Gotta keep winning. I am now more nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs.
Blog616-690x312.jpg

I believe I was one of the very few that thought we would get in! Most kept babbling on about Notre Dame. I really believe if we have a healthy Mayfield and Perine, we are good to go. I just hope we don't a case of the "we're the best and we don't have to show up" mentality that has hurt us in the past.

I don't recall you being in my very, very small club. However, I'll have my minions investigate and get back with you. ;)

People that think we are going to line up and run the ball on OSU like Baylor did need to keep in mind Baylor's online is a bit more experienced than ours.

I am cautiously optimistic about the playoffs, lots of football left to be played. Even if OU beats aOm it is no guarantee we are in. There are probably a lot of ND fans thinking they are in if they keep winning and yet they won but were bumped down. Personally I would rather OU be in the top 4 if we win at stoolwater than now. All I can think of is the texas game and everyone being confident it was an automatic win. This game with okie lite is anything but and I hope Stoops and Co keep the team focused and grounded on the task at hand. I cannot help but think the texas debacle will be fresh on their minds.

Reactions: iasooner1
I am cautiously optimistic about the playoffs, lots of football left to be played. Even if OU beats aOm it is no guarantee we are in. There are probably a lot of ND fans thinking they are in if they keep winning and yet they won but were bumped down. Personally I would rather OU be in the top 4 if we win at stoolwater than now. All I can think of is the texas game and everyone being confident it was an automatic win. This game with okie lite is anything but and I hope Stoops and Co keep the team focused and grounded on the task at hand. I cannot help but think the texas debacle will be fresh on their minds.

We win, we are in!! Stop it people!!!

Now...winning in cold damp weather...will be dependent on the health of John Frickin Wayne's noggin.

The Pokes got beat up physically and emotionally last weekend. Gundy will be challenged to have them ready. Hope he can't do it...but bet he will.

We win, we are in!! Stop it people!!!

Now...winning in cold damp weather...will be dependent on the health of John Frickin Wayne's noggin.

The Pokes got beat up physically and emotionally last weekend. Gundy will be challenged to have them ready. Hope he can't do it...but bet he will.
Sorry but I aint counting it yet. This woman has to sing first. Been let down too many times. Being older makes you cautious, walking down the stairs, trusting a fart, saying hold my beer watch this chit etc.
fat+lady+sings-feature.jpeg

Sorry but I aint counting it yet. This woman has to sing first. Been let down too many times. Being older makes you cautious, walking down the stairs, trusting a fart, saying hold my beer watch this chit etc.
fat+lady+sings-feature.jpeg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ok...it's ok. I've only been saying it for WEEKS now and FINALLY some are listening. ;)

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Been on the board for about 12 years, been through it all. Will wear this for good luck if it still fits.
b69c984852e465a3081028e4069d8333.jpg
That is very sweet. I'm duly impressed. You played in it????

Of course, I was talking about paying attention the past few weeks as I pointed out...just win baby.

That is very sweet. I'm duly impressed. You played in it????

Of course, I was talking about paying attention the past few weeks as I pointed out...just win baby.
A gift from back in the day, my brother used to date Barrys daughter Kathy back in the 80's. He met Barry and Keith Jackson and the Boz at his ex Kays house in Pleasant Valley in Little Rock when he was there one night for dinner. True story, Kathy did not give his HS class ring back when they broke up, she said her dog swallowed it. True story. We still laugh about it because he told her to follow it around and see if it comes out when it poops.

A gift from back in the day, my brother used to date Barrys daughter Kathy back in the 80's. He met Barry and Keith Jackson and the Boz at his ex Kays house in Pleasant Valley in Little Rock when he was there one night for dinner. True story, Kathy did not give his HS class ring back when they broke up, she said her dog swallowed it. True story. We still laugh about it because he told her to follow it around and see if it comes out when it poops.

LOL. Very cool story. Dinner with the King, much more personal than my group dinner with him. :)

Reactions: OUSOONER67
He is a hoot, you should have met Kay back in the day! Greg always was playing the piano but he was very good. Kathy if you read this you owe Jeff a hs class ring or at least a NC OU ring, make it 2, one for me too please!

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
The usual suspects will never eat Crow, they will also keep right on Crowing right up to the end. And then next year we will have good players not great again. Rinse wash and repeat.
Why does this bother you so much??

I never responded to JM's thread that is pinned. But yes there is a crapton of people who were off by a mile. There were tons of people over on the pay board that were predicting this team batting .500 this season. The problem is trying to base an upcoming year by using the exact team you just finished the previous year with. And that's absurd since that kind of thinking takes zero account of improvements the team makes in areas, and also the losses and injuries another team is likely to incur during the season.

I pinned this team to go 10-2. I was wrong on Tennessee and Baylor...I picked those as losses. And I was wrong on Texas as I chalked that one up as a win. I picked OU over OSU, so let's see if I can finish the regular season with a win.

But even I will admit I never expected this team to legit get into the playoffs. They aren't there yet, one more game. I was just wanting OU to seriously push for a conference title this year to use as a building block for a natty run in 2016. Buy hey...this team looks to have decided to forgo the building block year and go for it all now....and I'm happy to say I was wrong on that!! lol :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT