ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Visitor Notes...WVU (UPDATE: SUN 9:09p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 10:47p - Just hung up with New Orleans McDonogh 35 weakside defensive end Sci Martin about his official visit to Norman this weekend. If you made me guess I'd say that the Sooners are now his No. 1 option and the visit went about as well as it could.

Scoop talked about some interest in where he fit into Oklahoma's plans and he told me the Sooners see him as an outside linebacker and had him watching Devante Bond throughout. He is your prototypical 3-4 OLB so it's a sign the Sooners might be doing more to find the more ideal fits that I think sometimes have been ignored through the years.

UPDATE: 9:09p -
Spoke to someone regarding the situation with Brandon Burton that Adam Gorney discussed about Burtons' concerns with which position Oklahoma was recruiting him at.

It sounds like Oklahoma is recruiting him as an athlete, and it kind of depends who you talk to on where he is 'most' wanted. Now the thing that I was told is that Oklahoma just wants him and will let his position sort itself out. I'm guessing such will be explained to him during future visits both on the phone and once we hit in-home visit season in December.

UPDATE: 4:53p -
Just as a note the Southlake (Texas) Carroll duo of Texas commitment Obi Eboh and Oklahoma Rivals250 safety commitment Robert Barnes did not make it to Norman this weekend.

According to Barnes it was just a situation where their Saturday film review got moved to 11 so they couldn't be two places at once. I'd guess that trip gets made up later this year. Though with the news of Parker's commitment and the talk I mentioned of Buchanan things may be done for OU and Eboh. That being said, with the way OU is operating (much more savvy IMO) they might let him visit just to keep up relations in case something were to dramatically change.

ORIGINAL:
OK guys talked to a few sources and I think Parker is going to end up as the only commitment to happen this weekend.

However I got the impression the Sooners may have to make a decision on Baylen Buchanan about whether they want to take another corner. I'll be honest in saying that something tells me, push come to shove, they'll find a way to fit him in.

As for Darrian Franklin I've heard some talk that Oregon may be moving on from him, as a few other schools have and it sounds like he may be already moving in another direction. It won't shock me if tonight/tomorrow we hear some news from him. But I'm going to say it before it happens, the buzz on him right now is not good and whether he flips or not I fully expect him to be a three-star next go around - just a heads up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.