ADVERTISEMENT

We get LSU

We looked like deer in the headlights last year against Alabama.

I hope (and I think he will be) LR, and the rest of the team will be a little more ready to play this time around.

Reactions: iasooner1
ESPiN talking heads are already discussing how Ohio State/Clemson winner can beat LSU...

The idea that Oklahoma is LSU's opponent has been moved to an afterthought...

I'd love to see a slaughter of epic proportions in this game...

Oklahoma 42
LSU 17

ESPiN talking heads are already discussing how Ohio State/Clemson winner can beat LSU...

Oklahoma 42
LSU 17
This is setting up a lot like Bama in the Sugar Bowl with five healthy OL's rearranged as good as possible, and Trevor Knight at quarterback. And Josh Heupel as the OC.

The TH's were telling us it would be no contest. Somehow, we figured it out and won easily. This year, the SEC is truly overrated. LSU is really good, but not quite as good as they appear.

We know they're better than Texas, but hey, four teams in OUr conference are too. Especially the team we just beat yesterday. Again.

LSU is highly regard because they barely beat Auburn at home. They won at Bama with Tua ailing a little. They beat Texas in Austin 45-38 with the Horns having one very small healthy running back, and lost three DB's during the game. But then, UT is such an offensive juggernaut. They killed A&M at home. A&M is another also ran in the race for the best team in Texas, behind Baylor and SMU. They beat overrated Florida at home by two touchdowns.

LSU has gotten better every week. If they beat us, I expect they'll beat Ohio State, only because they get to play them in New Orleans. But I honestly believe that if we have all hands on deck, healthy enough for OUr best shot, that the Tigers may not make it.

LSU is a bit better than us. But their beating us isn't a done deal. Not close.

Oklahoma 42
LSU 17

I saw last night people were saying the team that gets OU in the first round is pretty much a BYE for them to the Championship Game.
I am sure we will hear it all from now until game time. Hopefully it adds extra motivation to the team and Coaches as if they need it but a little extra fuel to the fire never hurts.

sec homer David Pollack said if the transfer portal deadline was extended we might have a slim chance.
Hope Riley and the Team heard that.

Keeping it real once again:

LSU has gotten better offensively as the season progressed and their flawed but talented defense has made strides too, though they are vulnerable.

Our defense has come on big since the second half of the Baylor game in Waco and you can see the confidence growing. Motley, Perkins, Fields and DTY are playing really good right now and it was great to see K9 play fast AND sound. But our offense is regressing and while I'm not trying to pick on him, Jalen is highly responsible. His turnovers are the obvious problem, but the less visible issues are what's crippling the passing game. And defenses are forcing his hand.

It's still a game so anything is possible but against any of these 3 high level teams, we'll have to generate turnovers and rush for at least 200 yards or our odds are slim. I like that we're being disrespected by the the talking heads but it's for a reason, they see the holes too.

Oklahoma 42
LSU 17

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT