ADVERTISEMENT

We are getting close fellas

Larry4681

Walk-on candidate
Sep 27, 2023
I guess we have discussed anything and everything but I’ll ask a few things that’s on my mind. 1) When is Everett expected back and when healthy will he take someones spot on the line? 2) what’s the latest on Dasan? I believe he has a foot injury so who starts in that cheetah position? 3) what has happened with Spencer Brown? He was brought in as a potential starter but I’ve read on other boards he might not even be in the 2 deep. Oh and although we don’t all agree on everything I always prefer this board over anyone else even though the numbers are down. Other boards still obsess with Riley or too many sunshine pumpers.

1. It looks like he'll be a rotation guy upon his return

2. Dasan is no longer listed at the cheetah. He's at WL. Would love to see him at DE myself.

3. Brown was listed as 2nd string RT. Solid rotator.

Reactions: iasooner24
I'd heard, maybe from you, that Brown was a bust. If he plays any SEC games, we have a problem. He is horribly slow.

Dasan seems too light to be a DE, except on some passing downs. They can move him over there to rush the passer.

To me, we look VERY thin in the OLine. Brown looked horrible. Center got hurt. Tarquin looked not great. I think I was one of the scribes say we are solid and guard and center, not so much at tackle. That looked pretty accurate tonight. We need to get Taylor back healthy, soon, and hope he's good enough to hold up against good competition.

Part of tonight looked very ragged. It appeared that after the first quarter, we were afraid to throw it down the field much. We couldn't give JA time to make that throw. And I believe we were ofer on third down. Pretty amazing when you score 51. Temple might be decent on defense. But their ineptness on offense will wear their defense down over the season. That quarterback was pretty bad for a half.

Offensive line could be the team’s Achilles heel.
There are five good running backs this year (Sawchuk, Barnes, Tatum, Franklin and Hicks) but their worth may not be apparent with a lackluster line to run behind. Hickson’s injury seemed to diminish the offensive line’s effectiveness when he went down. And Temple had pressure on Arnold way too often.
Lots of talent here, but it must come together quickly.
Better play calling would help too.

Great defense, but obviously the offense looked pitiful at times. Hawkins looked like he could have been a great option QB. I can see him getting some meaningful time this year. Arnold wasn't all that impressive

Reactions: loopafied68
Great defense, but obviously the offense looked pitiful at times. Hawkins looked like he could have been a great option QB. I can see him getting some meaningful time this year. Arnold wasn't all that impressive

Arnold looked pretty good to me considering the inconsistent protection from the OL.

His long completion to Farooq was a testament to his ability. Lot of pressure on him and he'll only get better.

Kind of a little more clear now why DG bolted, he probably knew the O-Line was gonna struggle and wanted no part of it his final yr of elgibility. Can't blame him either for that.
I heard it said a few weeks ago that with BV we will have better defenses that will likely keep getting better but the offense will never be again what OU was used to having. Kind of a flip of what Riley had, good Offenses but bad D. With BV it will be the opposite. Cannot remember who said it but I hope its not true.
I just want OU to have a balanced team again, is that too much to ask? Its been way too long. Not knee jerking from 1 game just thinking out loud.

Kind of a little more clear now why DG bolted, he probably knew the O-Line was gonna struggle and wanted no part of it his final yr of elgibility. Can't blame him either for that.
I heard it said a few weeks ago that with BV we will have better defenses that will likely keep getting better but the offense will never be again what OU was used to having. Kind of a flip of what Riley had, good Offenses but bad D. With BV it will be the opposite. Cannot remember who said it but I hope its not true.
I just want OU to have a balanced team again, is that too much to ask? Its been way too long. Not knee jerking from 1 game just thinking out loud.
Dillon bolted for $! Today's game! 😁

Quick-release, short passes in which Arnold can get rid of the ball quickly, are OU’s best option until the offensive line gets its act together.
And Arnold’s mobility to throw on the run will be equally important.

Dillon bolted for $! Today's game! 😁
Part of the reason I am sure but he wants the big money in the No Fun League so staying at OU with a rebuilding year for the O-Line likely won't get you a good enough season to up your draft stock and would likely lower it. More exposure at Oregami as well as they are one of the Media Darlings as of late.
He had 380 passing yds yesterday. He wouldn't have gotten that with our current O -Line if he had played for OU Fri Nite, he was a scrappy runner tho so he may have been the leading rusher because there was little to no protection all night. Personally I hope he gets drafted and continues his dream.
He knew what was coming.

Was Bedenbaugh overrated due to the prolific offenses and skill players we've had in the past?
I have been on the fence with OLine for years. We do well in the draft but every year we are several games in before they gel. I have to give B the benefit of the doubt this year due to injuries. However, it is a consistent pattern of less than stellar play and preparedness early in the season.

Was Bedenbaugh overrated due to the prolific offenses and skill players we've had in the past?

His development is proven but there does seem to be a pattern of early season issues. My opinion is that there's loads of rotation which I assume takes place in practice as well. Like he hasn't pinpointed exactly the 5 guys who he wants starting and who their backups are, leading to cohesion issues until that rotation is solidified.

This season replacing all 5 starters we should have fully expected growing pains and if he turns this group into a solid unit I think we should all be confident in his coaching ability. If we get halfway into the season without seeing significant improvements I think it's likely we've missed on some recruits. It's also going to put Littrells play calling abilities to the test.

The schedule is brutal so we're going to find out a lot with regards to the direction of the program this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT