ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Georgia kick TCU’s butt during the first half is scary

The Frogs are overwhelmed. It's happened to us too many times. The moment was too big. We know this feeling.

TCU has not played this tight all season, and they are coaching conservatively. Been there.

I like TCU but this goes to show everyone that the Big 12 Conference is no where close to the SEC or Big Ten.

TCU didn't cower to Michigan.

Alabama and now Georgia are on a different level.

Ohio State had an elite QB and WR combo that UGA didn't have an answer for. When Harrison Jr. got hurt they wilted.

Venables knows exactly where Oklahoma needs to be for this not to happen to us again. He was an integral part of an elite program in the early Stoops years and again with Clemson.

Ohio State had an elite QB and WR combo that UGA didn't have an answer for. When Harrison Jr. got hurt they wilted.

Venables knows exactly where Oklahoma needs to be for this not to happen to us again. He was an integral part of an elite program in the early Stoops years and again with Clemson.
I hope you’re right and I’m rooting for Brent but to be honest, I’m not feeling it. I guess it’s because he wasn’t my first choice.

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Brother! It's year one 👍

Brent was part of those atrocious defenses before he left.
A lot of OU fans wanted him gone way before he left same as Josh when he was OC.
Jury is still out on Brent but I just don't see Roof putting together a D that can help win a NC. Guess we will see.

Reactions: iasooner2000
A lot of OU fans wanted him gone way before he left same as Josh when he was OC.
Jury is still out on Brent but I just don't see Roof putting together a D that can help win a NC. Guess we will see.
And the defenses got worse after Brent's departure. Remember Mike?

• Wow
Exactly.

I hope you’re right and I rooting for Brent but to be honest, I’m not feeling it. I guess it’s because he wasn’t my first choice.

It's not going to be an easy task. Brent is going to have to be cold when it comes to coaching expectations and player loyalty.

I think we're already seeing it. David Ughweugbu was the 2nd leading tackler and he just hit the portal. He didn't grow. He didn't progress. Kanak will be taking his job and David can go be a star at a place like Tulsa or Tulane. Key Lawrence will be in jeopardy of losing his starting spot. Same with Grimes and Downs.

Brent will put together an elite defense, and despite some obvious flaws that can be addressed, Lebby did pretty good. If he becomes a liability we could see Demarco's chance come calling.

We won't be ready for a UGA or Bama in 2023 but with what Brent is doing in the portal we could see the D jump to the top of the BigXII in year 2 and with Gabriel and a solid offensive line the offense will be as good or better than this season, which is good enough to win.

Most of us would have given OUr left nut for those "atrocious" defenses in 2017, 2018, 2019.

They weren't great but they were a hell of a lot better than we've seen since then.

And the defenses got worse after Brent's departure. Remember Mike?

Venables’ worst defenses at OU were still in the top 50, which is significantly better than most of the OU defenses after he left for Clemson. Regardless, he drew the ire of a lot of Sooner fans during his previous stint at OU. Many of them referred to him as “Brent Vulnerables.”

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Venables’ worst defenses at OU were still in the top 50, which is significantly better than most of the OU defenses after he left for Clemson. Regardless, he drew the ire of a lot of Sooner fans during his previous stint at OU. Many of them referred to him as “Brent Vulnerables.”
Could you imagine if OU had just paid the man?

It's not going to be an easy task. Brent is going to have to be cold when it comes to coaching expectations and player loyalty.

I think we're already seeing it. David Ughweugbu was the 2nd leading tackler and he just hit the portal. He didn't grow. He didn't progress. Kanak will be taking his job and David can go be a star at a place like Tulsa or Tulane. Key Lawrence will be in jeopardy of losing his starting spot. Same with Grimes and Downs.

Brent will put together an elite defense, and despite some obvious flaws that can be addressed, Lebby did pretty good. If he becomes a liability we could see Demarco's chance come calling.

We won't be ready for a UGA or Bama in 2023 but with what Brent is doing in the portal we could see the D jump to the top of the BigXII in year 2 and with Gabriel and a solid offensive line the offense will be as good or better than this season, which is good enough to win.
Will surprise some folks.

ADVERTISEMENT