ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: More New OU Offers

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Jaqui Givens 2016 S - Mechanicsville (Va.) Atlee

I admit the first time I watched Givens' tape I was somewhat half-hearted about him but I see a guy here that has not only great length and some ability to be physical but truly tremendous ball skills. He high points passes very well but to me it shows up most notably with him cutting under crossing routes and generally just reading quarterbacks.

Elysee Ebem-Bosse 2016 LB - Ellenwood, Ga.

Kind of an interesting offer in my opinion, not the twitchy linebacker you usually see in Oklahoma's SEC area offers, but is a guy with good feet and who has a good nose for the ball. Definitely a tackle to tackle guy in my opinion.

Demarkus Acy 2016 S - Dallas Wilmer-Hutchins

Acy is a big guy with a really nice frame that could look like an entirely different player by the time he is a few years into his college career. Not surprisingly people talk about his violent style of play when pursuing the ball-carrier. However, I think he has more natural coverage ability than is obvious as he makes several nice plays on the ball in the air.

I actually see just a bit of Will Sunderland in his game.

Denzel Okafor 2016 OG - Lewisville, Texas

His listed 6-foot-4, 290-pound screams guard but when you watch him bend his knees and work his feet in pass protection I'm very confident he can play outside at tackle. This is a guy that I'm surprised didn't have an offer before hand, Okafor has loads of athleticism and looks to have the frame to get into the 320-pound range without any real problems.

Further aiding his potential as a tackle is tremendous arm length which I've been told is over 7-feet. The strange thing about that length is how well he uses it in pass-pro but still needs work with hand placement/usage in the run game.

Again, a very promising young offensive lineman.

Bruce Jordan-Swilling 2017 ATH New Orleans Brother Martin

I talked to Swilling last night and though Oklahoma also likes him as a running back, the offer was given at linebacker so I'll primarily focus my comments in that direction.

You kind of have to sift through a lot of (REALLY GOOD) running back footage to get to the linebacker stuff but it's not hard to imagine him being an absolute star at linebacker. His good frame and closing speed are the two things that will stick out but what surprises me is his willingness in a couple of clips to take on a block, shed the blocker and still have the power in his lower body to drive the ball carrier.

Blend that with his athleticism and what it means in pass coverage and you've got truly one of the better 2017 prospects I've seen so far this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.