ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Bunch of Sooner Offers

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Eddie has been crushing the tape adds lately and I wanted to offer some thoughts on some of the guys (I'll keep adding as I go).

VIDEO: TX S Sewo Olonilua

Two things that immediately jump out? 1) He's incredibly raw. 2) He is incredibly gifted.

It really is amazing watching him close on the ball seeing how many false steps he takes, but as that cleans up he'll only get better in working on the edge. He is a long-strider and guys like that tend to fool you into looking unathletic but again as his footwork improves I think he'll jump off the page in the right system.

I'm telling you though when he finds the ball carrier, guy tracks REALLY naturally.

VIDEO: TX OLB/DE Brandon Bowen

This is the kind of edge player everyone is looking for and few ever find. Bowen has great length a nice first step and looks to have the frame to be a guy who can, in the future, hold up at the point of attack. I'd guess in college he is 6-foot-5, 270-pounds and looks something like Frank Alexander did. Again though I see some more natural pass-rushing abilities in his game than Alexander had. He is a work in progress to be sure but shows some talent in keeping a blocker's hands off of him and once he bulks up and is stronger the sky could be the limit.

VIDEO: IA JC WR Taj Williams

Williams is an explosive wide receiver, he has great speed and size so it's not hard to figure why Oklahoma would be involved here. It's his feet that make him special though, for a long-legged guy like him to be able to change direction like he does...that's really hard to come by.

He honestly reminds me of former Sooner JC offer Cordarrelle Patterson.

VIDEO: CA ATH David Long

I've been a big fan of this guy since I first saw his tape when Oklahoma offered. Such a suddenness to his game that it's hard to not like what you see. He has work to do as a corner (where I almost always feel like receivers of his size should play) but as he technically improves his quick twitch abilities could see him become a truly quality man cover corner.

Long sticks his foot in the ground very naturally and drives on the ball well, definitely a guy with some natural corner tools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.