ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Boren goes on the record calling CM report false...

JMISASANO

Sooner starter
May 4, 2012

I have no idea why Cary Murdock would report on something without quoting David Boren in the first place this close to recruiting NSD? I thought reporters always called their main sources before going with a story. If Boren chose a "no comment", then that would be included in said story. I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Regardless...

Update: No need to post the article as it is false, according to Boren anyway.

This post was edited on 1/29 11:09 AM by JMISASANO

Re: OU stadium upgrades put on hold per Carey Murdock...

bummer, I think most of the OU fans were looking forward to the extra bathrooms

Re: OU stadium upgrades put on hold per Carey Murdock...

Originally posted by madcow12:

bummer, I think most of the OU fans were looking forward to the extra bathrooms
I can hold it till I get to Austin.

yeah pretty weird...I am sure that Boren has had his fill of heavy donor complaints since the last part of the football season. It really is a shame that supporters of the University put so much into contributing to not only the athletic department but what is really important and that is the education of our future generations....hold off on donations to the University because the football team had a bad year?...seriously?

How could it be "shovel ready"….. When there is still "private
fundraising is going on right now"

How do you build something without having the finances all
lined up?

This is going about as well as the original shovel ready!

"Our pricing adjustment of upgraded special suites and other facilities is on track."

Pretty sure that's a politically correct way of saying this project has been downsized.

Originally posted by Clinton Scott:
"Our pricing adjustment of upgraded special suites and other facilities is on track."

Pretty sure that's a politically correct way of saying this project has been downsized.
No, the project is planned to be concluded in stages, so downsizing isn't necessary.

They will commit to certain stages as capital is raised.

Originally posted by WhyNotaSooner:
Boren is a politician. Politicians lie.
If it turns out that Boren is lying about this he needs to go!

He is not dealing with a bunch of people who need free government stuff to survive!

This post was edited on 1/28 8:20 PM by Soonerheart

Why not just let this issue play out and see what happens. Calling for Boren's head is really foolish. Boren had nothing to do with the O/G issues. It may be political, but Boren had no hand in the politics of the recent decline in mineral contributions to the Oklahoma economy. These are world political issues and have not a single thing to do with local political issues.

I know first hand of the impact O/G prices are having on our local economy. My income from minerals has been steadily declining for the last 10 years or so. My own personal mineral income had declined about 60% until two years ago when it was roughly cut by another third. I expect that part of my personal income to take a 50% cut in 2015 over 2014. I suspect I will earn roughly 5% of what I did in 2003 from my personal O/G royalties.

Boren has been good for OU and OU has made great strides in the academic side of OU during his tenure. It is my opinion that those who are frustrated over OU's football decline and want to take their frustration out on Boren have their priorities in the wrong place.

Originally posted by JMISASANO:

Originally posted by Clinton Scott:

No, the project is planned to be concluded in stages, so downsizing isn't necessary.

They will commit to certain stages as capital is raised.
Oh good....I thought the project had been compromised by what has been said on this board about the current state of the football program. You just KNOW that the coaches and the administration give a hoot about what's said here.

Boren should go for reasons not contained to the the Oil & Gas sectors. I'm still not over the whole Frank Shannon kangaroo court. And to this the strangle hold of a compliance dept that was moved from the athletics dept. There are things going on off the field that are hindering the OU football program.

I can't wait tip Boren reaches the age he steps aside.

After watching the video, Boren should get a hefty raise.

The dude was his best on that day, which leads me to believe he has a lot in his tank.

Originally posted by roygbell:
Why not just let this issue play out and see what happens. Calling for Boren's head is really foolish. Boren had nothing to do with the O/G issues. It may be political, but Boren had no hand in the politics of the recent decline in mineral contributions to the Oklahoma economy. These are world political issues and have not a single thing to do with local political issues.

I know first hand of the impact O/G prices are having on our local economy. My income from minerals has been steadily declining for the last 10 years or so. My own personal mineral income had declined about 60% until two years ago when it was roughly cut by another third. I expect that part of my personal income to take a 50% cut in 2015 over 2014. I suspect I will earn roughly 5% of what I did in 2003 from my personal O/G royalties.

Boren has been good for OU and OU has made great strides in the academic side of OU during his tenure. It is my opinion that those who are frustrated over OU's football decline and want to take their frustration out on Boren have their priorities in the wrong place.
Boren is a rockstar at OU.

Those that do see, don't understand his influence on higher education at OU.

His OU University College project will add major value as well.

The stadium will get done even if it requires patience.

Originally posted by Brentwood Sooner:
He will look like a fool if he comes out next week and say the project is on hold
Kind of like when he said OU wouldn't be a "wallflower" during the realignment talks a few years ago right before Missouri bolted for the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT