ADVERTISEMENT

Understanding Stoops' mind

Excellent. And as well, part of what I'm getting at when I ask, "why not receive his second chance here?".

If it bothers you that being an All American level talent does play a role, I suggest you pour yourself a large bowl of "Reality Flakes" and eat up.

Really good article. I remember being really mad at Dusty when he got kicked off the team. I think that the talking heads in the media, and fans of a few other schools seem to forget that Joe's incident happened two years ago.

Really good article. I remember being really mad at Dusty when he got kicked off the team. I think that the talking heads in the media, and fans of a few other schools seem to forget that Joe's incident happened two years ago.

Yep, and I remember disagreeing with the decision to allow him to return. I voiced that disagreement on this very board, and Frank Fangston was kind enough to call me a "dunghead". :)

Dusty proved me wrong. But Frank Fangston NEVER proved (at least beyond reasonable doubt) that I was a dunghead. :D

Was discussing with a friend (non-OU fan) and explained about second chances (Dusty, McGruder, Mixon, etc).
Also mentioned the freshman receiver a few years ago dismissed for the rap he posted on the internet and the Vegas LB who attacked his girlfriend.
A rap song wouldn't seem to be as bad as attacking anyone, much less attacking a female, or selling drugs.
Bit those guys got the second chance and the rap song poster didn't.
I told him that I am not sure how Bob evaluates things, but he is definitely in the "2nd chance" camp.
I don't remember one of these second chance deals blowing up on Bob (or OU).

Was discussing with a friend (non-OU fan) and explained about second chances (Dusty, McGruder, Mixon, etc).
Also mentioned the freshman receiver a few years ago dismissed for the rap he posted on the internet and the Vegas LB who attacked his girlfriend.
A rap song wouldn't seem to be as bad as attacking anyone, much less attacking a female, or selling drugs.
Bit those guys got the second chance and the rap song poster didn't.
I told him that I am not sure how Bob evaluates things, but he is definitely in the "2nd chance" camp.
I don't remember one of these second chance deals blowing up on Bob (or OU).

The WR you are referring to was Josh Jarboe. His transgression was after he was already afforded a 2nd chance. He had some kind of gun thing before he ever got to campus, and prior to the video.

The WR you are referring to was Josh Jarboe. His transgression was after he was already afforded a 2nd chance. He had some kind of gun thing before he ever got to campus, and prior to the video.

Didn't realize a history. I believe Chaisson also had something in his history.
So these two stories could be examples of backfiring on Bob.

Reactions: veritas59
Didn't realize a history. I believe Chaisson also had something in his history.
So these two stories could be examples of backfiring on Bob.

If I remember correctly, Chaisson's (sp?) was a one time deal, but significantly different that either DD or JM's. His involved borderline kidnapping of his (ex?) girlfriend, holding a screwdriver to the throat, etc... That's way different than the reactionary, though not excusable, offenses of DD and JM.

Ya I think Jarboe was caught bringing a firearm onto school grounds at his high school if I remember correctly. But you're right, he was already on his 2nd chance when the rap video surfaced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT