ADVERTISEMENT

Two new commitments, plus a kicker..........

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Class of 2022, TE Kaden Helms, Bellevue, Nebraska, 3-stars, 6'6" 220 lbs.
Class of 2023, RB Teyaun Webb, Jacksonville, Fla., 4-stars, 6'0" 188 lbs.
Also, Kicker Gavin Marshall, Frisco, Texas, class of 2022.

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
Agree.
I also like his ability to kick out of the end zone on kickoffs. i regard such kickers as highly important by not allowing long returns.
From his videos, I personally give him 6-stars.
Its so much easier to kick it out of the end zone these days. Kickers are frustrating players but we have had some pretty good ones lately.

Its so much easier to kick it out of the end zone these days. Kickers are frustrating players but we have had some pretty good ones lately.
We sure have.
Over the years I've followed the OU-Texas rivalry, it seems both teams have strong kicking games almost every game.
The greatest OU teams have had great kicking games, from punt and kickoff coverage, returning punts and kickoffs and from kicking extra points and field goals.

Just landed Malachai Nelson. I expect Brandon Inniss to be the next to commit.
#2 in nation per Rivals, just behind Manning in 247...and Inniss is in top 5 (national) as well. We don't have to worry about recruiting on the offensive side of the ball...it is all about defense. I feel VERY confident about the upcoming year.

#2 in nation per Rivals, just behind Manning in 247...and Inniss is in top 5 (national) as well. We don't have to worry about recruiting on the offensive side of the ball...it is all about defense. I feel VERY confident about the upcoming year.
Lebbeus Overton (DL) is the #1 overall in 2023(247 Sports) and is regarded to be a heavy lean to OU also. He is from Georgia. This would be a huge recruiting win for OU. Taking this guy out of the heart of SEC East would be a coupe de' grace.

Lebbeus Overton (DL) is the #1 overall in 2023(247 Sports) and is regarded to be a heavy lean to OU also. He is from Georgia. This would be a huge recruiting win for OU. Taking this guy out of the heart of SEC East would be a coupe de' grace.
He's heavy with aggy. I like we're in the mix though. We got time. Grinch is in the middle of this one.

Had to edit this. Rivals has him 100% aggy, 247 has him 100% Sooner. Lebbeus is the legacy of former Sooner Milton OL from the early 90s. I like it. 😁

Last edited:
Can't help but wonder if Manning would still be the #1 QB in the class if he had a different last name? (Chris Simms comes to mind.). However, and giving credit where credit is due, that particular last name is true CFB and NFL royalty.

This champ bbq seems to be very popular with the kids. I feel like we are finally matching the recruiting of Bama and Clemson. Saban isn't getting any younger...is the tide starting to turn? We all know Bama can't be at the level forever.

This champ bbq seems to be very popular with the kids. I feel like we are finally matching the recruiting of Bama and Clemson. Saban isn't getting any younger...is the tide starting to turn? We all know Bama can't be at the level forever.

Nick will turn 70 this season. I don’t see him hanging on more than 2, maybe 3 more years. If he ever gets the feeling that his team isn’t going to vie for a title, he will retire. He wants to go out on top. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT