ADVERTISEMENT

two former OU football players who are brothers charged with embezzlement

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
OU's punter Blake Ferguson played on the 2002 2003 & 2004 OU teams. His brother Jeff was the punter on the OU National Championship team in 2000 who was also charged with a similar crime..

Blake and Jeff are charged with embezzlement.
Jeff who pleaded guilty last year and faces up to 30 years in prison according to the Tulsa World.

LINK
http://newsok.com/former-ou-punter-...bookie-nearly-200000-feds-say/article/5565060

Last edited:
Reactions: JConXtsy
OU's punter Blake Ferguson played on the 2002 2003 & 2004 OU teams. His brother Jeff was the punter on the OU National Championship team in 2000 who was also charged with a similar crime..

Blake and Jeff are charged with embezzlement.
Jeff was pleaded guilty last year and faces up to 30 years in prison according to the Tulsa World.

LINK
http://newsok.com/former-ou-punter-...bookie-nearly-200000-feds-say/article/5565060
What is sad about this story? A couple of scumbags are being held accountable for the crimes they committed. Who gives a shit what football team they played for?

What is sad about this story? A couple of scumbags are being held accountable for the crimes they committed. Who gives a shit what football team they played for?

I agree with you Medic but its sad how they each ruined their lives, .I changed the title of my post.

Jeff was a hero in the OU 2000 National Championship game when he took a safety
instead of Florida State scoring a TD on a bad snap over his head.

And yes the two are "scumbags" embezzling large amounts of money from the bank where they worked.

Last edited:
Hero? Hardly. He made a good play.

With the ball snapped over his head and with Florida State players bearing down on him as he was chasing the football, he made the decision to grab the football & race to our end zone for a safety. This kept Florida State from tackling him near the OU end zone

It also kept Florida State from recovering the football deep in our territory near or in our end zone. Ferguson made the score 13-2 instead of 13-7 with time left to play.

His heads up play according to many made him a hero.

Now he is a scumball felon who will rot in prison

Last edited:
With the ball snapped over his head and with Florida State players bearing down on him as he was chasing the football, he made the decision to grab the football & race to our end zone for a safety. This kept Florida State from tackling him near the OU end zone

It also kept Florida State from recovering the football deep in our territory near or in our end zone. Ferguson made the score 13-2 instead of 13-7 with time left to play.

His heads up play according to many made him a hero.
Those "many" must have a very cheap definition of hero.

There were hundreds if not thousands of Great, Sooner Magicals plays that year

Absolutely

I can also think of many in 2000

But Ferguson did his in a Sooner National Championship game that kept Florida State from getting back in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT