ADVERTISEMENT

Two 4-STAR recruits annually = (TCU average). Coaching changes...

Bush

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2001
The rest are 3 and 2-Star recruits. (Baylor averaged three 4-Stars since 2011). (OU had fourteen 4-stars just LAST YEAR alone!) I am so glad Bob finally got some seriously competent and aggressive coaches in here. It just took too long.

GAWD I am so glad to watch an OU offense, even out of sync, functioning without the Quarterback staring at the side-lines each play asking what play to call. I am also very glad to see DBs who know where and how to line up and wide-receivers who block down field as if their lives depend on it. Linebackers who fill the right gaps and an entire D tackle with a purpose!

I have not see a 'D' like this at OU in several years. It is like, with this offense and offensive coordinator, the Defense knows if they play hard, they will always be in it due to the explosive nature of the offense. That in it self is a huge motivating factor which was on full display in Neyland.

It just irks me we pissed away a couple of years with Heupel, Bobby Jack and the other coaches who got a little too comfortable with the status quo. Josh - stare at the side-lines - Heupel might not have been one of the coaches who got comfortable but he was not the answer at Offensive Coordinator. I love Josh the player and always will but that kid was not ready to be OU's OC!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.