ADVERTISEMENT

Tornado getting ready to come into Norman. 5:30 pm

Looks like Bridge Creek got it again.
The turnpike got it. Too early for damage reports.

Radar is very defined. But too rainy to see exactly what is happening. It's at Western and Robinson 5:45pm. North of Sooner Mall.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
6:04 It's crossing I-35 between south of the York Plant (Johnson Controls) and Robinson. Still not certain how severe it is because of the rainfall. But there are power flashes.

Just my opinion.... I'm just watching the tube... but it seems like a weak 'nader right now.

Some damage in Norman, but it doesn't look like any buildings were knocked down. Power poles, roofing and skins torn off businesses. Bridge Creek lost the fire dept building. New storms back west (W of Chickasha) putting down small tornado right now. 7:00pm

Hope Medic is able to chime in. You can bet he is busy tonight.

7:35pm It ain't over yet. Lots of 'naders briefly touching down then going back up into the clouds... following the same path. Bridge Creek could get it a second time. BTW - Bridge Creek got hit hard with that earlier tornado. Lots of homes are gone.

I'm 8 miles north of Bridge Creek. Before it was hit in 1999, (many killed that May 3rd day) it had very nice homes. It went a bit down hill when they rebuilt. But still an OK place. Until today. 8:05 pm there are still 'naders happening. Mustang tornado si-reens are blasting right now. Unbelievable amounts of rain and flooding.

Get this.... Wild Tiger Safari Animal Farm in Tuttle got hit by a tornado tonight. Wild Tigers are on the loose. They're warning people to stay in their houses.

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Get this.... Wild Tiger Safari Animal Farm in Tuttle got hit by a tornado tonight. Wild Tigers are on the loose. They're warning people to stay in their houses.

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Dang................

OHN.gif

Norman is OK. Minor damage with no injuries. Flooding is a major issue. Bridge Creek is a mess again. Nothing like 1999 though.

I'm officially done with David Screamer Payne. I'm embarrassed for Channel 9 that he is the guy they chose to replace Gary England. He actually said "tornadoes are breathing animals trying to survive." He's just a more wound up version of Mike Morgan and is trying the juice it up for ratings route. Disgraceful.

Okay, I'm a little confused. Why didn't the lady that drowned just open and escape the safe room when it started leaking?

There was incredible amounts of rain last night. Like 7 to 12" of rain in a short time. I saw water in places I've never seen it before. So my GUESS is there was a lot of water sitting on top of that door and she could not push it open. At 8.33 pounds per gallon, it may have been too much for her. Maybe she passed out from fear. We'll never know.

Guys, there is the possibility of major strong tornadoes in our state today and on Saturday. They could be could be long tracked. Pay close attention to the TV and know where you would seek proper shelter. They could move with significant forward ground speed…. so your lead time may not be as much as normal.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Guys, there is the possibility of major strong tornadoes in our state today and on Saturday. They could be could be long tracked. Pay close attention to the TV and know where you would seek proper shelter. They could move with significant forward ground speed…. so your lead time may not be as much as normal.

Yeah, you guys listen to SoonerHeart. He's in Pre-Med. I mean, Pre-Law.

(same thing)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT