ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night Lights: Mique Juarez

BlairAngulo

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Jun 8, 2012
I made it out to Inglewood, Calif., on Thursday night to check out five-star linebacker Mique Juarez and the USC commit was very impressive, accounting for six touchdowns on offense and playing nearly every snap on defense.

As the quarterback for his team, Juarez is asked to do a lot on the offensive side of the ball and that probably affects his energy on defense. Still, he looked good shedding blocks and pursuing the football sideline to sideline. His athleticism is just on another level -- he rushed for four touchdowns and, despite his size, raced past defenders with ease. He was listed as one of the 10 “physical freaks” in the 2016 class today.

On the recruiting front, Oklahoma inside linebackers Tim Kish was in attendance and Juarez told me that meant a lot to him, knowing how far he traveled to take in his game. He intends to officially visit the Sooners.

Ohio State was the latest offer earlier in the week and Juarez said he is in the process of setting up an official visit there as well. Nebraska and Michigan are two others that will likely get officials, and Juarez told me Ole Miss is also heavily recruiting him.

Juarez saw USC and UCLA in person last week and said he intends to announce a final decision at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 9 in San Antonio. He plans to enroll early at his school of choice.

CPxI_KFVAAEmOjZ.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.