ADVERTISEMENT

thomas

Wasn’t the deal with Broyles prior to him being at OU? If so, big difference. Maybe I’m not remembering correctly.
He was enrolled and participating in summer practices prior to ever playing, I believe.
Used some keycard or code or something to break into the gas pump and fill up for free. Sounded like it was a case of being a local kid and something local kids share knowledge of.

Wasn’t the deal with Broyles prior to him being at OU? If so, big difference. Maybe I’m not remembering correctly.
Dang, Ryan Broyles made good on his second chance. Scared him straight into OU's and cfb's all-time receiver record books. Ryan redeemed himself, got his shit together. Good for him. Thugs abound though in cfb, some get their shit together the rest always eventually flame out. It's a gamble all universities are willing to take on. There's too much money on the line.

Dang, Ryan Broyles made good on his second chance. Scared him straight into OU's and cfb's all-time receiver record books. Ryan redeemed himself, got his shit together. Good for him. Thugs abound though in cfb, some get their shit together the rest always eventually flame out. It's a gamble all universities are willing to take on. There's too much money on the line.

Broyles, Dvoracek, those come to mind easily, but I'm sure there are more that I'm missing. A lot of 'us' are thugs around those ages. Lots of testosterone, no fear of consequences, and no parental supervision around.

Reminds me of this story I heard about a new wildlife safari park in Africa that once populated itself with life from zoos around the globe. All of a sudden, their rhinos started popping up dead, and the park operators were confused, because rhinos don't have natural predators. They installed cameras around the park's watering holes and caught the elephants bullying and beating up the rhinos, literally tearing trees out of the ground and hitting the rhinos with them like they were baseball bats. Turns out, all of the elephants were juveniles. The park went out and found some mature elephants to bring in, and the rhinos deaths quit immediately. Even juvenile elephants needed some elders around to model proper behavior from.

Broyles, Dvoracek, those come to mind easily, but I'm sure there are more that I'm missing. A lot of 'us' are thugs around those ages. Lots of testosterone, no fear of consequences, and no parental supervision around.

Reminds me of this story I heard about a new wildlife safari park in Africa that once populated itself with life from zoos around the globe. All of a sudden, their rhinos started popping up dead, and the park operators were confused, because rhinos don't have natural predators. They installed cameras around the park's watering holes and caught the elephants bullying and beating up the rhinos, literally tearing trees out of the ground and hitting the rhinos with them like they were baseball bats. Turns out, all of the elephants were juveniles. The park went out and found some mature elephants to bring in, and the rhinos deaths quit immediately. Even juvenile elephants needed some elders around to model proper behavior from.
Evolution is real?

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
Sad, shoplifting. Had he showed up for court, nobody would've ever heard about this. Norman PD is pretty good at keeping misdemeanors out of the public eye. For both students and student athletes.

Why doesn't Riley and every coach lay down a conduct guideline when recruiting high school players and then adhere to it firmly ?
Until that happens, this crap will always be a frequent problem.
Children mess up. If I was written off for dumb shit I did as a kid, I wouldn't be here conversing with you going on 20+ years now.

I get your statement, and we're right to goof on these kids, because it's usually the embarrassment they need to right the ship.

Nobody lives a fully righteous life.

Never mind; nm

Children mess up. If I was written off for dumb shit I did as a kid, I wouldn't be here conversing with you going on 20+ years now.

I get your statement, and we're right to goof on these kids, because it's usually the embarrassment they need to right the ship.

Thomas is 22 years old and is NOT a child. And I never stole anything or assaulted anyone (especially a woman) at anytime in my life which includes my years at OU in the late 60's.

Why doesn't Riley and every coach lay down a conduct guideline when recruiting high school players and then adhere to it firmly ?
Until that happens, this crap will always be a frequent problem.

I agree...OU football does not need any knuckleheads with their distractions. Time for some real changes in the program. Proactive rather than reactive.

I agree...OU football does not need any knuckleheads with their distractions. Time for some real changes in the program. Proactive rather than reactive.
Agree, and if every coach abided by this zero tolerance it would be a good thing all the way around. Time to stop making lame excuses and justifications for criminal activity.
But there's too much of a "win and all cost mentality" and too much money involved to make such a change reality.

1 or 2 game suspension and some extra weight and track time.

Or for the cancel culture people. Kick him to the curb, never to be heard from, until he kills it in the NFL.
Not exactly shocking behavior from a college kid!
Not at all when they've cash in their pocket. You got some spare change bucky? You know, for the passed tray? 😂

Heh, nor is recruiting righteous. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT