ADVERTISEMENT

This is the greatness and caring of Bob Stoops why he is so widely respected

They will need to do a great deal more of this to do damage control because of the Mixon tape. Was listening to the XM college station and the Sugar Bowl announcers indicated that they would talk about it during the Sugar Bowl game.

Welcome back Bull.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Thanks for posting bull and welcome back.

Of course, the OU fans see and hear about what a decent guy Bob Stoops is, and I tend to believe he is a man of nearly flawless character. However, those who dislike him and the media will be all over him during the Sugar Bowl and the 2017 for permitting Mixon to stay on the team. I know that's water under the bridge, but his reputation and the program is taking big hit. However, I'm sure Bob, Mixon and the program will prevail in the long run.

Reactions: iasooner1
They will need to do a great deal more of this to do damage control because of the Mixon tape. Was listening to the XM college station and the Sugar Bowl announcers indicated that they would talk about it during the Sugar Bowl game.

Welcome back Bull.

Bob has been doing this long before the Mixon incident. To imply this is "damage control" is disrespectful to Bob and the large number of past and present Sooners who have accompanied him.

If you don't think damage control is in order after the release of the Mixon tape you have a terrible appreciation what is going on with national perception of Bob Stoops and the Sooner program tight now.

If you don't think damage control is in order after the release of the Mixon tape you have a terrible appreciation what is going on with national perception of Bob Stoops and the Sooner program tight now.

More Meh... Stoops has been visitng hospitals for years. This is more of the same. It didn't start w/ Mixon. I think Stoops and OU has put the Mixon thing behind them at this point. As far as the National rep of OU... seriously... no one cares. It's talking head fodder to fill space and OU, & Stoops will leave it as is. Haters gonna hate & Lovers are gonna love.

My point is flying high above you.

This is not damage control.
Bringing in Brenda Tracy again (I think that's her name) is damage control. Bob saying that had the incident occurred now he would have booted him is damage control.

Bob doing something he's been doing since 1999 is not damage control.

Hey gents always been a lurker, I decided to start new year by finally signing up. My friend recently had a son suffer a tramatic brain injury and Stoops paid him a visit. She couldn't stop saying good things about our coach. He doesn't brag about it, just does it. Big game tomorrow night, I've missed ou football. Boomer sooner!

Time to leave lurker status behind. Board could use fresh blood.

I also remember he went to the clean up after the tornado that hit Moore a couple of years back. He didn't tell anyone he was coming nor did he hold a press conference to brag about it. He was there with a hat on and nobody realized it was him for 30 mins.

Hey gents always been a lurker, I decided to start new year by finally signing up. My friend recently had a son suffer a tramatic brain injury and Stoops paid him a visit. She couldn't stop saying good things about our coach. He doesn't brag about it, just does it. Big game tomorrow night, I've missed ou football. Boomer sooner!

Welcome!

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT