ADVERTISEMENT

third year in a row

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
For the third year in a row, OU was favored to win by a double-digit margin, and for the third year in a row, Texas’ fight won the day. The Sooners were beaten badly two years ago, then hung on last year despite being outplayed across the board. This year, Texas was again the better team despite a 1-4 start to the season — the worst on the Forty Acres since 1956. Tulsa World,

Sadly it's a sign of the times of how the program has slipped and still suffering from the stagnation that obviously occurred the last 4-5 years, and the jury is still out as to whether the stagnation has been completely reversed.
I know this....OU years ago use to come into the Cotton Bowl and manhandle Texas teams that were full of NFL talent. Those were Bob's early years. But the last 3 RRR games are literally some of the worse Texas teams to take the field in the last 20 years....and OU is 1-2, and damn lucky they aren't 0-3.

For the third year in a row, OU was favored to win by a double-digit margin, and for the third year in a row, Texas’ fight won the day. The Sooners were beaten badly two years ago, then hung on last year despite being outplayed across the board. This year, Texas was again the better team despite a 1-4 start to the season — the worst on the Forty Acres since 1956. Tulsa World,

I guess OU is 0-3 over the past three years for guys who put more value on the Las Vegas spread than scoreboard.

3 yrs in a row Texas has come and had more passion and intensity right from the start. It seems like that flat out wanted it more than we did which is just hard for me to understand. Its the RRR for goodness sake. Is it really that hard to get pumped up to play your biggest rival?

3 yrs in a row Texas has come and had more passion and intensity right from the start. It seems like that flat out wanted it more than we did which is just hard for me to understand. Its the RRR for goodness sake. Is it really that hard to get pumped up to play your biggest rival?
After half time the Sooners did not show much emotion at all, and no adjustments were made.

After half time the Sooners did not show much emotion at all, and no adjustments were made.
On The Franchise I listened to a former player, I believe it was Anthony Fogle, describe how the team looked coming down the ramp at the start of the game. He said they were acting like they had already won the game. Laughing, carrying on, etc. I believe he was right on with that assessment

I think they came in over confident, which I am guilty as well. They probably bought into the hype of how good we thought we were. I think our coaches were caught up in it as well.

Reactions: iasooner1
I think they came in over confident, which I am guilty as well. They probably bought into the hype of how good we thought we were. I think our coaches were caught up in it as well.

No, I think our guys, players and coaches are a tad more sophisticated than that.

Look, Texas kicked our asses. Their mission was more intense than ours.
(sh) it happens.

Reactions: iasooner1

Clearly there has to be overconfidence or something to play with the kind of effort below....I mean I dunno about ya'll but that level of effort is impressive.....

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT