ADVERTISEMENT

There is a rumor around town that

"....a rumor around town...."

A friend of mine told me that his coworker overheard a discussion between two people who saw in an online forum that it was being reported that someone saw an article that speculated.......

Speculation is what Matlock gets chastised for in every 30 year old rerun. Just before he discloses who the murderer is.

Matlock is an amateur. Perry Mason would get inside the mind of the killer so much (who wasn't even on anyone's radar by the way) and they would blurt out while sitting in the audience of the Court Room. OK! I DID IT! I DID IT! 😁

Reactions: iasooner2000
I have to believe that OU didn't want the pressure of not firing someone who used the dreaded N word. A good man and coach lost his job over nothing
I’m surprised he’s still unemployed. If he doesn’t coach somewhere next season there’s something up.

I have to believe that OU didn't want the pressure of not firing someone who used the dreaded N word. A good man and coach lost his job over nothing
I think we can all agree that there is more to the Gundy story that what was released at the time. The AD did a very good job of containing and extinguishing this story in short order. I believe the incident involving Gundy and the N word was a "pretense" when the mitigating l circumstances were much more damaging to Gundy's future promotion opportunities.

I think we can all agree that there is more to the Gundy story that what was released at the time. The AD did a very good job of containing and extinguishing this story in short order. I believe the incident involving Gundy and the N word was a "pretense" when the mitigating l circumstances were much more damaging to Gundy's future promotion opportunities.
But it is just as likely that the real story involved an African American player using the N word, which gets me banned if I type it. And that can happen 50 times a practice. But if a white coach repeats it, that is a fireable offense. The utter duplicity of that would show OU for the blatant left wing entity that it is, and it's a debate they didn't want to trigger, for their utter contradictive behavior.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I think any mitigating circumstances would have been out in the open by now. I think it was simply OU shaking in their boots fearing that they would be called a racist university if they employed someone that repeated the "N" word. Selective outrage if you ask me

Reactions: Soonertroll2
I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I think any mitigating circumstances would have been out in the open by now. I think it was simply OU shaking in their boots fearing that they would be called a racist university if they employed someone that repeated the "N" word. Selective outrage if you ask me
In my lifetime if I have learned anything there is always more to these type of stories and we will never know what else might have led to his resigning. I think Gundy was always good for the OU program but there just might have been some deeper underlining events beyond what we have all been told that caused this.

But it is just as likely that the real story involved an African American player using the N word, which gets me banned if I type it. And that can happen 50 times a practice. But if a white coach repeats it, that is a fireable offense. The utter duplicity of that would show OU for the blatant left wing entity that it is, and it's a debate they didn't want to trigger, for their utter contradictive behavior.
If you think the ability to use the N-word is a political issue, then that is most of the problem. It is a decency issue. I think that there was very likely more to the story and I don't think Cale is a racist. But justifying racist words as political ideology is pretty ignorant.

Reactions: Ex-Parrot
As I have been told, all mitigating circumstances happened behind close doors with a very limited number of people in attendance. Since it happened prior to the N word incident it was the opinion that the N word incident became the trigger to accept Gundy's resignation. The incident became a convenient opportunity. I cannot attested to the validity or the content but Gundy's release had more to do with his vocal objections to the direction the coaching search and hire was going.

Venables and Gundy never had a warm and fuzzy relationship going back to the early 2000's when both of them were on the staff at OU. I don't think BV needed much of a reason to show him the door.

Venables and Gundy never had a warm and fuzzy relationship going back to the early 2000's when both of them were on the staff at OU. I don't think BV needed much of a reason to show him the door.
Not debating this but I dont remember this ever being mentioned during that time. Is this from some inside knowledge or just things you have heard?

As I have been told, all mitigating circumstances happened behind close doors with a very limited number of people in attendance. Since it happened prior to the N word incident it was the opinion that the N word incident became the trigger to accept Gundy's resignation. The incident became a convenient opportunity. I cannot attested to the validity or the content but Gundy's release had more to do with his vocal objections to the direction the coaching search and hire was going.
I did hear that Gundy wanted the OC job but not much beyond that. I know you have contacts but it would be interesting to hear what other mitigating circumstances went on.

If you think the ability to use the N-word is a political issue, then that is most of the problem. It is a decency issue. I think that there was very likely more to the story and I don't think Cale is a racist. But justifying racist words as political ideology is pretty ignorant.

I think it is the height of hypocrisy that anyone who listens to rap (which is crap) or other idiotic music which uses the "N" word freely would be "offended" by anyone using the word.

Don't get me wrong, using the word is wrong, IMO, and highly offensive but no more so than dozens of other words used to negatively and hatefully describe people.

Just one more question but do you think maybe Gundy wanted the HC job? Ok 2 ? , I have often wondered just how deep Joe C went in his coaching search as it seemed to me BV was his target from the beginning.

I think it is the height of hypocrisy that anyone who listens to rap (which is crap) or other idiotic music which uses the "N" word freely would be "offended" by anyone using the word.

Don't get me wrong, using the word is wrong, IMO, and highly offensive but no more so than dozens of other words used to negatively and hatefully describe people.
I think you are missing the point here. It has been widely sighted that Gundy was never a racists or used such language is his dealing with football players. This is an issue that has been bright lighted to take the focus off other issues. I short, it was blown out of proportion.

Just one more question but do you think maybe Gundy wanted the HC job? Ok 2 ? , I have often wondered just how deep Joe C went in his coaching search as it seemed to me BV was his target from the beginning.
Again, without validation, I was told that Gundy made an immediate effort to insure he was elevated within a new coaching staff. This move took place before BV was confirmed as HC and months before the N word incident. It is not clear what position Gundy was pushing for but believed to be OC. Cale was apparently not happy with the AD response which was in effect that the nominated HC would make his choices. I heard that Joe C pointed out to Cale that if OU elected to hire a HC without head coaching experience it would be prudent to hire coordinators with previous experience. Fast forward to BV hires. Cale was not promoted within the new staff. Apparently Gundy took issue and would not let it go. He wore out his welcome. The N word incident happened and it was magnified to pressing for a resignation. This was the version I was told as the N word incident was unfolding. I am not aware of any past issues between BV and Gundy. Gundy was around a very long time without making any major steps upward. We hear nationally about coaching staff talent on the rise. To my knowledge, Gundy was not it that conversation.

I'm not justifying anything. Nobody should be using the word. But to say it's okay for African Americans to use it freely, then fire a coach for repeating it is the height of hypocrisy. And if you think that's anything but political nonsense, then the ignorance is yours.

I'm a conservative with essentially an ethics degree from OU. Those on the left think they can make up any rules they want, then label anyone who opposes them as racist or any other unfriendly label. Homophobic, transphobic there's a long list of their labels indicative of their view of hate. The irony is that the tactics are almost identical to the racists in America 50, or 100 or 150 years ago. And while a large percentage of African Americans are Christians, these political battles line them up with the people that want to take God out of every part of America. To the detriment of our culture.

Slavery was America's greatest sin. And with error, racists used the Bible as justification for their sin. Our culture pays the price for this horrible sin more than 300 years after the early settlers brought slaves here. It was an abomination before God.

I think you are missing the point here. It has been widely sighted that Gundy was never a racists or used such language is his dealing with football players. This is an issue that has been bright lighted to take the focus off other issues. I short, it was blown out of proportion.
I understand. I'm just saying that, if I remember the narrative, someone of color was offended by Gundy and what he repeated.

I'm saying, and I might be assuming too much, that there is a very real chance that person, real or fabricated, would be listening to music with offending lyrics which, in my mind, would make them a hypocrite.

I have no doubt there is a very different reason for his dismissal.

I'm not justifying anything. Nobody should be using the word. But to say it's okay for African Americans to use it freely, then fire a coach for repeating it is the height of hypocrisy. And if you think that's anything but political nonsense, then the ignorance is yours.

I'm a conservative with essentially an ethics degree from OU. Those on the left think they can make up any rules they want, then label anyone who opposes them as racist or any other unfriendly label. Homophobic, transphobic there's a long list of their labels indicative of their view of hate. The irony is that the tactics are almost identical to the racists in America 50, or 100 or 150 years ago. And while a large percentage of African Americans are Christians, these political battles line them up with the people that want to take God out of every part of America. To the detriment of our culture.

Slavery was America's greatest sin. And with error, racists used the Bible as justification for their sin. Our culture pays the price for this horrible sin more than 300 years after the early settlers brought slaves here. It was an abomination before God.
You go to their practices and locker room and you hear all kinds of things in the "music" being played and nobody has a problem with it. People pick and choose when and who to get outraged at. Its all so hypocritical. You can call me honky, white trash, etc. and I'll probably just laugh it off. Its really not the end of the world. Move on

You go to their practices and locker room and you hear all kinds of things in the "music" being played and nobody has a problem with it. People pick and choose when and who to get outraged at. Its all so hypocritical. You can call me honky, white trash, etc. and I'll probably just laugh it off. Its really not the end of the world. Move on
BINGO! The point I was trying to make!

I doubt anyone gets more unfair accusations from people on the left of being honky white trash than me. The side that says there is no absolute truth, then makes up their own version of allowed and unallowed behavior in which God has no part. It is a perversion, as bad as American slavery.

They are mostly God-haters. The ultimate example of this, is the Virginia community's school board that covered up the rape in a school bathroom, by "transexual" kid in the girls' bathroom, while calling the police on the dad who came to the school complaining about it.

A local grand jury is uncovering all the sordid details after seven or eight months. The school transferred the boy to another school. He raped again. A teacher who saw the two pairs of legs during the rape, remained silent intentionally helping the cover up in the name of political correctness.

This perversion is being presented in public schools across the country, and parents are ignored in their requests for sanity.

Again, without validation, I was told that Gundy made an immediate effort to insure he was elevated within a new coaching staff. This move took place before BV was confirmed as HC and months before the N word incident. It is not clear what position Gundy was pushing for but believed to be OC. Cale was apparently not happy with the AD response which was in effect that the nominated HC would make his choices. I heard that Joe C pointed out to Cale that if OU elected to hire a HC without head coaching experience it would be prudent to hire coordinators with previous experience. Fast forward to BV hires. Cale was not promoted within the new staff. Apparently Gundy took issue and would not let it go. He wore out his welcome. The N word incident happened and it was magnified to pressing for a resignation. This was the version I was told as the N word incident was unfolding. I am not aware of any past issues between BV and Gundy. Gundy was around a very long time without making any major steps upward. We hear nationally about coaching staff talent on the rise. To my knowledge, Gundy was not it that conversation.
Thanks appreciate that info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT