ADVERTISEMENT

the OU team vs. Ohio State after the last 2 games shows we are not the team we thought we were

Is Bull MIA now? I guess I have to give him some slack though. Nobody thought this was going to happen. Shouldn't we have kinda seen this coming though after the Baylor game? Hindsight is 20/20

I've called out Bull myself, but really the heat needs to be on Riley instead of the Crimson Kool-aid drinkers. Those of you who can go to each home game (I'm in Chitown) really need to consider two four letter words on a sign: FIRE MIKE.

Shouldn't we have kinda seen this coming though after the Baylor game?
Baylor was the game that should have made this game unlikely. OU took Baylor a little for granted and almost got beat. But they pulled it out. That game should have been the wake-up call. But to show up again like today and let an awful team do it again is just ridiculous. 100% on the coaching staff.

Bull, when you first posted this, I thought you were referring to osu...Today, I still interpret it that way. osu was NOT very good, yet we rose to that occasion, and won, although it was already apparent that we were not where we needed to be, either. I believe that osu has improved, considerably. I'm not sure that we have...

Baylor was the game that should have made this game unlikely. OU took Baylor a little for granted and almost got beat. But they pulled it out. That game should have been the wake-up call. But to show up again like today and let an awful team do it again is just ridiculous. 100% on the coaching staff.

I don't know BR. For me, looking back on it, I think the Baylor game exposed our usual weakness in the secondary. I admit I was like you...optimistic that we took them lightly but would rebound after a bi week. You would think that we would still have enough talent to beat IS but, combined with several bone headed penalties, I guess we just aren't as good as we thought. Different year, different coach, same ole problems

Bull, when you first posted this, I thought you were referring to osu...Today, I still interpret it that way. osu was NOT very good, yet we rose to that occasion, and won, although it was already apparent that we were not where we needed to be, either. I believe that osu has improved, considerably. I'm not sure that we have...
So in other words, this is just like OU and OSU last year, except the roles are now reversed?

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I don't know BR. For me, looking back on it, I think the Baylor game exposed our usual weakness in the secondary. I admit I was like you...optimistic that we took them lightly but would rebound after a bi week. You would think that we would still have enough talent to beat IS but, combined with several bone headed penalties, I guess we just aren't as good as we thought. Different year, different coach, same ole problems
Well the coaching on the defensive side hasn't changed.

So true, BillyRay. The coaches could see it coming, but like always, no changes in the defense. Please Mike resign tonight.

Mike has no idea on how to fix our defense. Just same old crap. I honestly don't think he is capable of it. Getting a bunch of $$$$ to do what? It is depressing for all of us.

Reactions: BillyRay
So true, BillyRay. The coaches could see it coming, but like always, no changes in the defense. Please Mike resign tonight.

Mike is not going to leave a $800k job especially after coaching in a game like this. Where would he possibly go for a job? His own baby brother wouldn't take him now. We are stuck with Mike for the season, maybe longer. This is on Bob Stoops, IMO.

Mike is not going to leave a $800k job especially after coaching in a game like this. Where would he possibly go for a job? His own baby brother wouldn't take him now. We are stuck with Mike for the season, maybe longer. This is on Bob Stoops, IMO.

I agree that he should have been gone earlier. But it's Rileys job now.

Reactions: Oklabama
I agree that he should have been gone earlier. But it's Rileys job now.

Right, and Riley will not fire him mid-season.....perhaps at the end of the year, but I think it's going to take a couple more losses to double digit underdogs. I may be wrong, and I hope I am. Regardless, Mike won't leave on his own without having another job lined up.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Right, and Riley will not fire him mid-season.....perhaps at the end of the year, but I think it's going to take a couple more losses to double digit underdogs. I may be wrong, and I hope I am. Regardless, Mike won't leave on his own without having another job lined up.
Then he won't leave on his own...

Mike has no idea on how to fix our defense. Just same old crap. I honestly don't think he is capable of it. Getting a bunch of $$$$ to do what? It is depressing for all of us.
He evidently does not....and he has lost his "mojo" in recruiting championship caliber defensive talent. And pardon my "Captain Obvious" observation.

I was hoping that he has packed away a tidy sum so he could go coach high school with his brother in Youngstown.
How confident are you about him coaching high school? Remember all of his yelling etc. AND probably why he is in the box. He is a distraction to players. :cool:

Reactions: Senior Sooner
How confident are you about him coaching high school? Remember all of his yelling etc. AND probably why he is in the box. He is a distraction to players. :cool:

I'm not at all confident in his ability to coach high school, but if he were to leave for Youngstown tomorrow I'd be the first SOB to wish him well and offer to drive him to the airport.

This is what I would like to see us do on defense. Press the receivers more especially the #1 receiver in twin receiver packages. You can play cover two, or even quarter coverage and still press the #1 receiver, which helps on the bubble screens. The biggest thing we need is to get pressure on the quarterback with the front 4. We need to recruit defensive ends that can pass rush and good solid defensive tackles that can stop the run and pass rush.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT