ADVERTISEMENT

The Mini-Scoop - May 27, 2016

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OK guys we've been all over the place this week seeing a lot of players and while we've picked up some information we haven't had the normal time to work the phone to put to get a normal Scoop so we'll just have it in kind of a notes format here.

*First, all of the talk I've heard around Tulsa this week is that Memorial defensive end offer Isaiah Thomas will be choosing Oklahoma tomorrow but there, as of yet, hasn't been any certainty.

*Secondly, I think a good chance for the next in-state offer for Oklahoma is Tulsa Booker T. Washington safety Daxton Hill who one onlooker with some idea of what he's looking at has called him 'among the best defensive backs I've ever seen at that age'. If you recall, Eddie and I were there the same day as Mike Stoops and I have been given the impression that an offer could be around the corner - though Oklahoma may elect to wait a few games into his sophomore season.

*Another in-state 2019 name to remember? Demariyon Houston of Oklahoma City Millwood. I loved him on tape and having a chance to see him up close I see yet another guy in the rising bunch of sophomores that is going to be special. I've droned on and on about how good 2018 is but 2019 is starting to show some real star power.

*In that class of 2018 something that really surprised me is how positive the vibes around Oklahoma and recent quarterback offer Casey Thompson have been. It's not that I expect a commitment to be imminent but there is a lot of buzz that the Sooners are in good shape for a talented young quarterback that has grown considerably since the last time I saw him.

*Now, I know you all want to talk about the Baylor situation, so let's dive into it. I've already had some conversations with people about where things might move and, like many of you, my first thought was in reference to 2016 Baylor signee, and long-time Oklahoma commit, Parrish Cobb.

And I can say that I've got no doubt that the Sooners would look into that avenue if it became available - though obviously until those guys are given full releases (and assuming they want to use them) there isn't much to be done about it.

However, it's not just Cobb that could get a look from the Sooners.

Two more names that I'd expect to get some interest are a pair of 2016 Rivals100 Texans, offensive lineman Patrick Hudson and defensive end Brandon Bowen. If you remember Bowen took an official to Oklahoma and there was some talk the Sooners could have a chance to flip him but he ended up sticking with Baylor. Hudson is more of a longshot, to my eyes, but if things become open movement for Baylor 2016 commitments, he is a guy the Sooners would have a look on based on what I've heard.

*I may add some more to this but wanted to give you all something to read and now have to get to Tulsa Memorial's practice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.