ADVERTISEMENT

The mighty SEC in softball.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
They all got in, all 13 of them. THEY DID NOT WIN A SINGLE SERIES ON THE ROAD. Except one. That was Alabama, who got the good fortune of playing another SEC team, Tennessee.

They did lose at home. Besides Tennessee, vastly overrated Arkansas, playing at home in the regionals, came from behind to beat the 4 seed of 4 SEMO, 3-2 after trailing the whole game. Then they lost to 2 seed Arizone and were eliminated by 3 seed of 4, Villanova 7-2.

Mizzou, the 7-seed nationally, meaning they unfairly got to host not just the regional but the Supers. They barely survived hosting regional at home, after losing to 4 seed of 4 in the first round, Omaha, then had to go extras to beat them in the finals. Even though Duke was much more highly ranked nationally, 3rd in RPI, Duke had to go on the road to beat Mizzou in the Supers.

The final 8, which had not a single SEC team exceed their ranking. No two's beat a one in the regional. Alabama got to host a regional with a record below .500 in the conference, did overcome more highly ranked Tennessee team in the Supers, also an SEC team.

Not one SEC team advanced on the road, except Bama.

Reactions: NellySooner
The SEC got TWO teams in the WCWS after having all 13 teams in the tournament. One of them got in because they set up the conference to have two home teams that would face each other in Supers. Only one SEC home team got in beating another conference. Florida got to play Baylor, one of two teams in the Supers that wasn't nationally seeded. And Baylor forced game three yesterday. UCF, the only XII team to not make the Supers, beats the SEC team they had to go on the road to play, in the first game of the regionals. Auburn.

The point of all this, is that the Big XII only had five teams in the top 64, but got three to OKC. Maybe, just maybe BYU should have gotten into the tournament, with wins over two of the top five teams in the country. The imbalance pisses me off. And I don't even like BYU. The committee's SEC bias is blatant, and doesn't take into consideration that teams north of the Red River, can't play home games until the season is over a month old.

And I promise, it will piss me off next year, too.

They all got in, all 13 of them. THEY DID NOT WIN A SINGLE SERIES ON THE ROAD. Except one. That was Alabama, who got the good fortune of playing another SEC team, Tennessee.

They did lose at home. Besides Tennessee, vastly overrated Arkansas, playing at home in the regionals, came from behind to beat the 4 seed of 4 SEMO, 3-2 after trailing the whole game. Then they lost to 2 seed Arizone and were eliminated by 3 seed of 4, Villanova 7-2.

Mizzou, the 7-seed nationally, meaning they unfairly got to host not just the regional but the Supers. They barely survived hosting regional at home, after losing to 4 seed of 4 in the first round, Omaha, then had to go extras to beat them in the finals. Even though Duke was much more highly ranked nationally, 3rd in RPI, Duke had to go on the road to beat Mizzou in the Supers.

The final 8, which had not a single SEC team exceed their ranking. No two's beat a one in the regional. Alabama got to host a regional with a record below .500 in the conference, did overcome more highly ranked Tennessee team in the Supers, also an SEC team.

Not one SEC team advanced on the road, except Bama.
No facts will stop groups like D1 proclaiming their invincibility. But of course they will be better with OU and UT in next year. But until then—grossly overhyped yet everyone always parrots it.

Every fan in the country knows the SEC bias exist and even most SEC fans will tell you they know that patch gives SEC teams passes. Its been like that for years and isnt going to change.

Look at UF getting in the Stillwater regional at 28-27 and ask the Charleston coach who use to coach at Sout Carolina how he feels considering his team finished 41-14 and gets left out.

BTW the SEC is also asking for 3 guaranteed slots in the proposed upcoming 14 team playoff in 2027 along with the B10. Will the other conferences bow down to that demand? I am not a fan of the move but I understand why OU and Tx did it. Its called survival.

This below was sent to me by a friend. 5 of top 8 seeds in baseball went to SEC if you didnt know with one being a third place team at 17-13 in conference ( UGA) while B12 conference regular champ ( OU ) gets seeded 9th. The bias is alive and well. This kind of stuff should make a lot of ADs from other conferences .mad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT