ADVERTISEMENT

The Media vs the Defense

WhyNotaSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2004
Both are a shit show. The local media has been enablers of this defense for years. All of a sudden they are being brutally honest regarding the defense. From talk radio hosts, sportscasters, blogs, Dusty, even the leaders of this board, hell everybody appears to be finally making some serious statements of how pathetic the defense is. Righfully so too. So what's the problem? The problem is that pretty much all of them sat on their asses for years watching this play out. Few, if any, ever stood up and got after Bob Stoops for fielding this type of hot mess. Name me one. Show me examples of someone shaming the Stoops brothers for their weak assed defenses. But when a newly hired HC fires the DC in the name of performance or a lack of, the media wants to all of a sudden wants to be loud, upfront, in our faces telling us how bad the defense sucks. It's weak. It's lame. Yeah... well guess what local media guys? You're not much better. My suggestion is that in the future, the type of comments, the articles, the tweets, the podcasts, etc that's been delivered this week, please use this type of logic & thought process going forward. Each day, everyday. Or just turn in your press pass and sit in the bleacher section like the rest of us.

OK... off my soap box.

Last edited:
That is a spot on post. Riley needs to look very seriously at this 'defensive' outfit and do something about it after the season ends. Yea Mike is gone but Ruffin is still here.

Both are a shit show. The local media has been enablers of this defense for years. All of a sudden they are being brutally honest regarding the defense. From talk radio hosts, sportscasters, blogs, Dusty, even the leaders of this board, hell everybody appears to be finally making some serious statements of how pathetic the defense is. Righfully so too. So what's the problem? The problem is that pretty much all of them sat on their asses for years watching this play out. Few, if any, ever stood up and got after Bob Stoops for fielding this type of hot mess. Name me one. Show me examples of someone shaming the Stoops brothers for their weak assed defenses. But when a newly hired HC fires the DC in the name of performance or a lack of, the media wants to all of a sudden wants to be loud, upfront, in our faces telling us how bad the defense sucks. It's weak. It's lame. Yeah... well guess what local media guys? You're not much better. My suggestion is that in the future, the type of comments, the articles, the tweets, the podcasts, etc that's been delivered this week, please use this type of logic & thought process going forward. Each day, everyday. Or just turn in your press pass and sit in the bleacher section like the rest of us.

OK... off my soap box.

I agree and all they had to do is check the Sooner Message Board for their scripts. Enough new posts each day to cover the story. :D And to be fair, they could use Plaino’s in-depth positive points of view. Bam!

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT